Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Din's Curse game (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Steam (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2371)

svetlano 05-18-2010 08:28 AM

Steam

Hello all,

One simple question.
Will Din's Curse be relased on Steam ?

Shadow 05-18-2010 09:01 AM

I'm about to start trying to get DC on Steam, so we will see.

svetlano 05-18-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 13979)
I'm about to start trying to get DC on Steam, so we will see.

Hi Shadow, guess you are one of the developers.
I'd like to insert it in my steam library, it's handy to have all games grouped togheter.
Let's hope you will have success ;)

Jorlen 05-18-2010 09:31 AM

I'm sure being on Steam will bump up the sales. If there's a forum section I'll be sure to help spread some positive impressions. Good luck!

Gorgarax 05-18-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svetlano (Post 13980)
Hi Shadow, guess you are one of the developers.

For the record, shadow is THE developer.

Teddy 05-18-2010 12:00 PM

To be honest, if it wasn't for having "Diablo 3" as a keyword in my daily Google News list I would have never heard about DC. Advertising is currently holding back this game substantially. I never heard of the previous games either, and I love ARPG's.

I first saw Torchlight (another well done ARPG) at PAX Prime 2009, and played that game to death and it's doing very well on Steam.

Steam should be a good advertising platform for Soldak and get more eyes on DC.

udm 05-18-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgarax (Post 13986)
For the record, shadow is THE developer.

Emphasis on the ;)

Delilah Rehm 05-18-2010 03:59 PM

We'd love to get all of our games on Steam, but they're kind of picky so we can't guarantee Din's will make the cut. I hope it does though. Steam is amazing, offering a unique customer experience. No other portal comes close!

Teddy 05-18-2010 04:22 PM

I've seen some of the slag that appears on Steam, and while not having played DoP or KU (only heard about DC a week ago), I can't see any reason why DC would be rejected.

Mind you the only sucky part is i have a pile of steam games, and short of buying DC again I won't gain the advantages of a steam version (ie in-game steam chat). I'm not sure how voice is handled, but it would awesome if steam's voice chat could somehow be worked in. Hell, that alone might be worth re-purchasing the steam version.

Jorlen 05-18-2010 04:41 PM

Honestly, if DC doesn't make the cut, let us know, and we'll bombard them with letters.

Steam has some great games, but they also have GARBAGE. When I say garbage, I do mean broken buggy games that 95% of people agree were a waste of cash.

Din's Curse is most certainly NOT in that category and deserves to be on Steam. Seriously.