Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Linux (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Linux Drox Operative on Steam (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31116)

Shadow 04-16-2014 04:53 PM

Linux Drox Operative on Steam

The Linux version of Drox Operative is now available on Steam!

Sera 05-14-2014 06:31 AM

Is there any way to transform my windows-based save games to the linux version?

Shadow 05-14-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sera (Post 73146)
Is there any way to transform my windows-based save games to the linux version?

The files should be compatible. You would just need to move files from your Windows computer in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local (assuming Vista or newer) to your Linux computer in ~/.local/DroxOperative/User

( Tchey ) 08-17-2015 05:11 AM

Hello

I'd like to play some more Drox these days, and i'm now running only on Linux, no more dualboot with Windows.

Is there a way to get a key for Steam Linux ? I own both Drox and IofA.

What do you need ? Product ID ? Key ? Email ?

Thanks

( Tchey ) 08-25-2015 02:02 PM

Hello ? Pleeease ?

Shadow 08-25-2015 04:16 PM

I can probably set you up. The easiest way is to email me from the email address that you purchased the game with.

( Tchey ) 09-02-2015 06:19 PM

Thanks ! I sent an email @support
Also, i forgive you for being slow.

Hwesta 04-26-2016 12:51 AM

Hi, I'm really enjoying Drox Operative, and I have it running in Windows through Steam, but when I run it under Linux I get the error "Couldn't find Database/database.dbl"

I'm running Arch 64-bit (rolling release). Based on this post I installed extra/libtxc_dxtn 1.0.1-6 and multilib/lib32-libtxc_dxtn 1.0.1-5

Based on this post the error "usually means the executable is running from the wrong spot compared to the assets or one of the zip files has gotten corrupted some how." I uninstalled and reinstalled it for Linux through Steam. A file named "Database/database.dbl" exists in Assets/assets001.zip

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I'd love to be able to play without rebooting my computer into Windows. Thanks!

Shadow 04-26-2016 10:46 AM

It sounds like it isn't finding assets001.zip for some reason. Are you running the game in a way that would change the current directory somehow?

Hwesta 04-26-2016 01:47 PM

I have Steam for Linux installed, and I'm running it through clicking the "Play" button in Steam. Looking at the install directory (.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Drox\ Operative/) the 'DroxOperative' executable is a sibling of the Assets directory. Are there logs I can collect that would help? Is there a way to run it directly that would generate better logs?

Shadow 04-26-2016 01:56 PM

You could double click on the executable directly and see if that helps. I believe the log will be ~/.local/DroxOperative/User/log.txt which should have some useful info of where it thinks various directories are.

Hwesta 06-18-2017 12:00 AM

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this, I got distracted with other games.

No directory named '~/.local/Zombasite' exists. However, there is a '.local/DroxOperative/User/log.txt' file with timestamps indicating it's touched when Steam runs Drox, which contains 3 lines:

Code:

Couldn't find translation file lang/layoutLinux.loc!
Couldn't find keynames file lang/keyNames.loc!
Safe and dependant systems initialized

When I try running DroxOperative directly, it gives an error about libsteam_api.so, even though that is in the directory:

Code:

$ pwd
/home/hwesta/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Drox Operative
$ ls
Assets  changes.txt  DroxOperative  EULA.txt  FontLicense.txt  libsteam_api.so  manual.txt  OtherLicenses.txt  User
$ ./DroxOperative
./DroxOperative: error while loading shared libraries: libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I watch Steam's output when failing to start Drox, there's nothing that looks like an error.

Hwesta 06-18-2017 12:46 AM

Poked at it some more and got it working.

1) strace tells me that DroxOperative executable isn't looking for libsteam_api.so in the same directory. If I symlink libsteam_api.so to a location that DroxOperative executable is looking for, it gives me the same error as when I run it through Steam ("Couldn't find Database/database.dbl!"). This is a red herring, and is not needed to get Drox Operative to run in Steam.
2) strace shows that DroxOperative executable is looking for files like "Database/database.dbl", but never touches "Assets/assets001.zip" to extract them. I tried extracting the contents of "Assets/assets00*.zip" into that directory
3) When extracting "Assets/assets003.zip" it extracts files with the same name. These have to replace the files previously generated. Eg:
Code:

$ unzip assets003.zip
Archive:  assets003.zip
replace Loc/English/global.trn? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A

When I did all three of those things, the game starts when running the executable directly. I can remove the symlink for libsteam_api.so and the game runs fine through Steam, so Steam must be setting the path correctly.

In short, to get it running on Arch:

1) Go to "~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Drox\ Operative/Assets"
2) Unzip the 3 assets files there, ensuring that assets003.zip is extracted last

Hwesta 06-18-2017 01:02 AM

I think I spoke too soon, unfortunately. The game starts up, but only displays the background auto-battle. There is no menu, and nothing to interact with. The resolution is a fixed-size that looks like 800x600.

Now the log file at ~/.local/DroxOperative/User/log.txt has:

Code:

Safe and dependant systems initialized
Database parsed
Graphics system initialized
Opened OpenAL Soft Device
Using 256 sound sources
Sound system initialized
Could not find menu HelpBottom
Could not find menu HelpTop
Could not find menu WorldMap
Could not find menu Editor
Could not find menu Editor
Could not find menu ModelEditor
Input initialized
Debug system started
Done initializing
Input initialized
Input initialized

Shadow 06-19-2017 01:46 PM

It still sounds like it just isn't finding some things correctly. I'm curious what directories it's trying to read from.

Open your user.cfg (same directory as log.txt) and change developer value to 1, run the game again, and then post the first part of log.txt that has the directory info, if you could.

Hwesta 06-19-2017 03:23 PM

Code:

Asset dir - /home/hwesta/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Drox Operative/Assets
Asset writable dir - /home/hwesta/.local/DroxOperative/Assets
Asset user writable dir - /home/hwesta/.local/DroxOperative/Assets
Readonly user dir - /home/hwesta/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Drox Operative/User
Writable user dir - /home/hwesta/.local/DroxOperative/User

"/home/hwesta/.local/DroxOperative/Assets" doesn't exist, though all the other directories do. Creating the ".local/DroxOperative/Assets" directory, and populating it with the assets.zip files or their contents also didn't do anything.

Thanks for helping troubleshoot this.

sss123next 09-28-2019 06:12 PM

i have release from gog and have same problem, but this is regression in latest version, i have older version installed which is still working fine.