||11-19-2019 11:42 PM
Fulano's QOL Mod v0.2
Figured I should at least put this out in the world as I gradually work on it.
Fulano's "Quality of Life" mod.
My goal is to balance and adjust things. I want to reduce micromanagement, streamline things, and try to bring a little more balance to the game where it's sorely needed. I'm mostly wanting to bring a little more life to the game and maybe make it a little easier for new players. I do want to try to maintain the game's difficulty level.
I've got a lot of things planned to adjust, so it's going to take a long time to get through them all. I'd love to get feedback on some of the proposed changes. Many of these changes are made by "feel" rather than a balancing formula, so feedback will be extra valuable.
For now the mod is hosted on this site, attached to this post.
Simply put the .zip file in Din's Curse's Assets folder, the same folder with the 3 other Assets files.
The mod is actually broken into many files, if you want to only use part of the mod. I'll let you figure out how to do that though.
So far nothing harmful will happen when uninstalling the mod. The increased item stack sizes will simply stay in the sizes they were left, you just can't add more items to it.
I've been able to host games fine, but haven't tested joining other people's game who don't have the mod.
Changes for version 0.2
Increased duration of the following skills:
- Barkskin - 4 hours
- Strength of Stone - 4 hours
- Dark Ritual - 4 hours
- Regeneration - 4 hours
- Bravery - 10 minutes
- Elemental Protections - 15 minutes
- Hardiness - 1 hour
- Bless - 1 hour
- Shield of Fire - 15 minutes
Decreased the reuse time of the following skills to 1 second:
Changes for version 0.1
- Strength of Stone
- Rylor Grenade damage decrease 33%, range reduced by 12% (They are still stronger than the ones in Din's Legacy, enough damage to still be scary, but not enough to cause an instant kill every time.
- Hulk health and armor increased about 10% (They just didn't feel like "hulks" but just average monsters).
- Guardian damage reduced 12%, armor increased 10% (They were a major cause of one hit kills when they got a crit, so I dropped their damage a bit).
- Increased Targ health by 20% (again, they didn't feel scary enough, but I still think their frenzy skill needs a bigger boost to be properly scary).
- Increased how long you have to help starving people, and I think I reduced how often the quest happened a bit.
- Reduced the max number of "bugs" in the infestation quest from 15 to 10.
- Increased Townsperson health about 30% (I want town attacks to still be urgent, but still have a bit of time to get there).
- Increased Dungeon NPC health by 20%. This seems to include vendors, prisoners, and escort NPCs. (So now rather than dying before I see them, they usually have a sliver of health when I find them).
- Increased max size of all stackable items to 99. Saves a nice amount of space in bags. (Inspired by Din's Legacy changes).
- Mana stones now give "infinite mana" bonus rather than just regenerating mana so you can resume fighting if you needed mana. (Also inspired by Din's Legacy).
- Slightly increased the drop rate of 6 and 8 slot bags. (I wanted it to be easier to fill the stashes with bags in the beginning).
||11-19-2019 11:42 PM
Ideas for Future Changes
- Add Jars to Food and Drink vender.
- Reduce tornado damage a bit, up to 50% less. (Tornadoes feel like the most devastating thing that can happen to a town, with barbarians being a close second.)
- Change staves to intelligence based (Not sure if I can do that in this game though). I wanted to add a "battle staff" type weapon that still used dexterity and only have damage based bonuses.
- Add more magic bonuses to one handed maces to mace magic users more viable. (like mana regen, casting speed, etc).
- Add poison and lightning bombs along with the fire and ice ones.
- Reduce damage from the reflected damage, specially the homing bolts.
- Slow down the summoning skills from Vortar Guardians and Litches.
- The skills that are based on enemy level (like Ice Mage's Ice Prison) seem to loose effectiveness as the player levels, I wanted to maybe do something about that.
I'm not sure how to implement these yet, if you have advice on how I'd love to hear it!
- Show Health, Mana stones, and gates on the map with unique icons.
- Reduce stun duration from 3 seconds to 2. (I've not found where this stat is kept yet)
- Reduce crit chance slightly (I'll probably have to do this by reducing the monsters base intelligence stat.)
- Change boosting spells that only affect the player to passives so you don't have to cast them (like Paladin's health regen or Druid's Barkskin). (How do I completely replace a skill with a mod?)
||05-30-2020 02:31 PM
Thoughts on v0.2
I mostly picked 4 hours because it's a number I could easily remember (14400 seconds) and I usually don't play longer than that... or live longer than that.
I kept the shorter duration spells that can be cast on other people less to encourage cooperation in multiplayer, so you've still got to seek each other out for buffs.
I reduced the reuse time of barkskin and strength of stone so you don't have to wait to re-cast it when you die.
As always I welcome thoughts and opinions on these changes.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.