Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Din's Curse game (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crazy games (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2823)

Ghost Matter 09-27-2010 10:45 PM

Crazy games

Tell us about your crazy games!

Mine that inspired this thread is still ongoing. I was level 18 on level 10 of Zealous Catacombs, the respawning rate was CRAZY! Just walking back to the same spot less than 45 seconds later, it was full of leprechauns, gates and undead mages who could kill me very fast. I had a GIANT elite skeleton plus other champions. Also had 3 monsters to kill on the same level which I could not find since I could barely walk 5 meters without fighting and having to trek back to sell my loot. :eek::rolleyes: For a while, I even had, from a summoning altar, an elite fire-aura Torva. I had at least 5 bosses on the same level level that appeared out of nowhere. There were even around 3-4 merchants that appeared total in that level (of course they all died from the craziness)

I had to save and exit when my summoned creatures disappeared and I could not summon them back. I reloaded it was full of Guardians and still as much Champions and elites, just less leprechauns(phew). Respawning rate was also slowed down to my disappointment.

DeathKnight1728 09-28-2010 10:19 AM

Last time i played i fought against a mimic that was lvl 8, with criticals, and giant mods on it. I with my assassin/shaman lvl 6 fought him and killed him head to head. When he died, i looked at my health to see it go from 10 to 0 from deep wounds. I beat him, but he still got the better of me. Damn mimics...

Bak 10-09-2010 11:39 AM

I had always assumed, with the collapsing ceilings in the dungeon, that the town architect was just incompetent.
Now I have evidence of a psychotic break.

Amberjoy 10-10-2010 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think some parents should NOT name their own kids. I mean, come on! (see below) :eek: Calling him "And" ????? :D

FloodSpectre 10-11-2010 05:41 PM

I've been working on the same town for the past 5 hours with my current character and this is by far my longest lasting, most difficult town ever. I started as a level 25 Defender/Paladin and chose to start the town as a level 30 or so and on Fast Pace.

This place has killed me 3 times thus far (only 2 deaths previous). I've killed at least four bosses, and I think a minimum of 12 NPCs have died in town. The town has been attacked at least 6 times, often with an assassin and a scout simultaneously. The Warmaster died once and I've finally brought him back, and the bosses down below keep forming groups of Elites.

I think I might just beat this one soon though... I just need to recruit a new weaponsmith so I can turn in a mandatory quest...

EDIT: Put some screenshots from this town in a Photobucket album.

Bak 10-13-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberjoy (Post 17270)
I think some parents should NOT name their own kids. I mean, come on! (see below) :eek: Calling him "And" ????? :D

I like how when skeletons kill something, it can come back as a zombie. But I've noticed that not all undead were created equal. I've seen an "undead animated dead" and an "undead undead knight".

Max_Powers 10-13-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloodSpectre (Post 17300)
I've been working on the same town for the past 5 hours with my current character and this is by far my longest lasting, most difficult town ever. I started as a level 25 Defender/Paladin and chose to start the town as a level 30 or so and on Fast Pace.

This place has killed me 3 times thus far (only 2 deaths previous). I've killed at least four bosses, and I think a minimum of 12 NPCs have died in town. The town has been attacked at least 6 times, often with an assassin and a scout simultaneously. The Warmaster died once and I've finally brought him back, and the bosses down below keep forming groups of Elites.

I think I might just beat this one soon though... I just need to recruit a new weaponsmith so I can turn in a mandatory quest...

EDIT: Put some screenshots from this town in a Photobucket album.

I know how you feel. I have a paladin/weaponmaster that made like 6000+ kills and made it all the way to level 30(or so) before coming to a town above the Torment Tomb. I think I died like 8-9 times in there. It was amazingly, wonderfully awful. It really seemed like torment as there seemed to be every possible bad thing there. More monster traps than I have ever seen before, and all seemed to be placed perfectly...perfectly evil. Granted, I did have it on dangerous monsters, so that made it worse, but still wow.

Cool pics, btw:)

Max_Powers 10-13-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bak (Post 17361)
I like how when skeletons kill something, it can come back as a zombie. But I've noticed that not all undead were created equal. I've seen an "undead animated dead" and an "undead undead knight".

LOL:D :) :cool:

(extra smilies for message length)

Bak 10-14-2010 09:06 AM

I hate divas!

Had a package delivery quest. When I finally found the NPC, she runs away from my character, in order to attack a huge nearby mob. After some fierce fighting and a lot of food/potions to keep the NPC alive, finally clear the monsters so I can complete the quest. Character is literally turning around (NPC half a step away), and I get the message that the quest failed because she was tired of waiting for the delivery! :mad: (Of course she is still standing there, and doesn't disappear until I remove the obsolete quest from my list.)

DeathKnight1728 10-31-2010 06:35 PM

Currently playing a crazy one. I started a lvl 20 town with my rogue/priest hybrid-lvl 17. The town started with no vendors or anyone to repair weapons. Then to make it worse i started a quest to kill a monster and he happens to give me 2 minutes before a 4 man monster group is formed in the first level of the dungeon!

The group is as you would think-insane. A fire enchanted/giant/stoneskin frenzy targ, a scavenger with master haste and critical hit, a dark elf mage enchanted with cold major and i havent even seen the 4th one.

I'm guessing that my next mission will be to fight a red fire dragon with a rusty knife while i am in a loincloth.