Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Din's Curse game (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Steam (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2371)

udm 05-19-2010 04:03 PM

I bought DoP last time via BMTMicro, and asked Steven if he could install it into my Impulse account. He, and the folks at Impulse, very kindly did. This is why I had no hesitation about buying Din's during the beta period, as I know I can probably count on Soldak again. This is what I call service excellence :)

Shadow 05-19-2010 04:57 PM

Well I have at least contacted Valve about getting Din's Curse on Steam. We'll see how that goes.

svetlano 05-20-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 14048)
Well I have at least contacted Valve about getting Din's Curse on Steam. We'll see how that goes.

Well let's hope they accept it fast !
I bought in the meantime, Depths of Peril on Steam last night.
I had trouble stop playing it: amazing game !
Keep up the good work !

Viliki 05-20-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnuggs40 (Post 14039)
All it does is allow you to launch the games from your game list. It doesn't update them, allow to to download them, or anything like that. I guess it's an organizational thing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by svetlano (Post 14040)
No, it doesn't track external games spent time.
And yes, i like this funcion too, it's like to have your whole gaming history at fingertips, ...

Thanks both for answer, but now I think of it, it's totally weird that I liked the game collection plus time tracking and could only imagine Steam for that.

That's totally basic stuff and a little app could do it much better and would not store information elsewhere.

It remind me I had a little tool that records meters done by the mouse so I had the sum of kilometers done after some time. Ha we knew have fun from little pleasures, that time is over. :)

svetlano 05-25-2010 03:56 AM

Well, in the end i decided to not wait for the Steam version and bought the game, loving it so mutch.
I see some minor aspect i would change though: like, for example the drop rate and quality of rare and very rare items.
I feel like they are dropping too mutch and their quality it's just average and very often it happens that i prefer to stick with green stuff.
I'd reduce the drop rate of those and make them stronger, more diversified, particular, and for example with some visual improvements like glowing , shadowing sparkling and so on, so when it happens you drop one, you really feel you got a beast of a item.
Let's say from what i've seen so far, that i'd do a mass items upgrade, insert more sets, actually, sometimes it feels like you are dropping tons of "more of the same" stuff.
I will discuss this better later when i'll be at least 30 hours of gameplay.
But as now, it is for me the only "complaint" i have with the game, and in my opinion in a Dungeon Crowler items add really a big value and keep the game fresh like the outstanding randomization of the world the game already has.

Jorlen 07-13-2010 10:18 AM

How's the steam situation coming along? I noticed Echalon: Book II is on there, and this may not be sound reasoning, but I figure if they (and many other indie devs) can make it there, so can Soldak with Din's Curse?

Shadow 07-13-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorlen (Post 15393)
How's the steam situation coming along? I noticed Echalon: Book II is on there, and this may not be sound reasoning, but I figure if they (and many other indie devs) can make it there, so can Soldak with Din's Curse?

I haven't heard back from them. I will bug them again soon.

Lelldorianx 07-14-2010 12:38 PM

Don't forget about GamersGate and D2D.

GamersGate is a fantastic platform for games... I love it ;)

Pheelon 07-14-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelldorianx (Post 15417)

both are quite nice idd - but seeing as my favorite platform Impulse allready has Din's Curse i can live without ehm too ;)

udm 07-15-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelldorianx (Post 15417)

Agree. For me, it's either GamersGate or Impulse. Not a huge fan of Steam, for me I use it out of necessitation rather than preference. GG on the other hand, now those guys have some fine support and they're so transparent about their stand on DRM - and actually live up to it - that it's hard not to like them.