Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Depths of Peril modding (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Speech Mod (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658)

torikamal 04-26-2008 02:30 AM

TK's Speech Mod

TKs DoP Speech Mod 0.6 .zip

10-4-2008
Ver. 0.6
Updates

- I correctly normalized all the voices, so they should actually now play out at proper volume.
- I have now added Varin the Armorsmith dialogue to the mod.
- The warmaster dialogue, "What now?" will now play correctly (instead of not).

Next up is the audio for the tutorial dude.
When that is done, I will record the quest dialogue for the male characters.

I'm still figuring out how to deal with the female characters, though it appears that Delilah may have taken interest, and I'm still trying to get my wife to record one of them (she favors the apothecary). Failing that, I could just get a sex change, though it seems perhaps a bit extreme for a mod. But it's always good to have options :)

09-15-2008
Ver. Beta 0.5

This mod finally works! It's still very much in the early stages. However, you will now get dialogue chat for Torsten the Steward, Airik the Warmaster, and Oslo the Vendor. The Armorsmith is now fully recorded but I haven't spliced it up into individual files yet. Once that's done, I'm going to work on the tutorial guy (is that Torsten or somebody else--I can't remember). Then I hope to record all of the quest dialogue for these characters.

To use this mod, just drop the file above (in the blue text) into the following directory (just create an assets folder if you don't have one):

C:\Program Files\Depths of Peril\Assets\

Now you're ready!

To uninstall, just delete the .zip file.

Please let me know of any issues you have of any kind and I absolutely welcome constructive feedback. Let me know if you run into any dialogue (except quest dialogue, which I haven't done yet) that sounds bad, garbled, poorly acted, not loud enough or is just plain missing.

I really hope you guys enjoy!

Gragt 04-26-2008 11:01 AM

From my experiences, voice messages made by fans are usualy pretty bad.

torikamal 04-26-2008 03:25 PM

I would absolutely agree with you. However, it can't really hurt to try. Worst case, it all gets scrapped. Best case--cool new mod.

torikamal 04-26-2008 03:30 PM

All that said, what kind of accents do you guys think would be best. It's important question because it is important not to be corny. English, Scottish, Irish, Texan? (j/k). Striking a balance between drama and corny can sometimes be tricky.

(name here) 04-26-2008 10:47 PM

german. somthing about the forest and the town's desgin make it seem aproppriate. failing that, a best-guess at ancient gallic would be nice.

Kruztee 04-27-2008 08:05 AM

Scandinavan perhaps?

(name here) 04-27-2008 10:10 AM

I don't think they had the right kind of forest.

Gragt 04-27-2008 10:56 AM

I got an outrageous French accent if you need.

Delve 04-27-2008 04:11 PM

How's your viking accent these days?

torikamal 08-14-2008 08:04 PM

I've now been working at Spotlight Department in Comcast, Minneapolis for about 4 months where I've been encoding commercials as well as adding graphics and voice overs for local promotion spots. That said, I've been getting better at the whole vocal thing, so if anybody is interested in givin me a shot, just shoot me some text and I'll lay it down and send it back to ya.

Shadow: I love this game and even if you'd only want some short greetings for some of the villagers, I'm all about collaboration. (Plus I work for free because I want to establish myself as a gaming voice actor. I've got Pro Tools and a good Condenser Mic).

Plus, like I was saying earlier, if I truly do suck you can all have a good laugh.