Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zombasite (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Design thoughts (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32281)

Shadow 07-09-2014 01:33 PM

Design thoughts

I'm hoping to blog more and more about what we are doing with the Zombie game. I'm going to use this stickied thread to keep it some what organized.

Rough Zombie game idea
Clans
Dangers of the zombie apocalypse
Skills
Traits

Roswitha 07-15-2014 12:36 PM

I can't access the links.

Secure Connection Failed

www.soldak.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
(Error code: sec_error_inadequate_key_usage)

Shadow 07-15-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 74065)
I can't access the links.

They should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Castruccio 08-06-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 74023)
I'm hoping to blog more and more about what we are doing with the Zombie game. I'm going to use this stickied thread to keep it some what organized.

Rough Zombie game idea
Clans

Don't forget to blog more! It's been almost a month.

Shadow 08-06-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castruccio (Post 74773)
Don't forget to blog more! It's been almost a month.

It's usually not about forgetting, it's harder for me to think of a good topic.

HuntingU 09-08-2015 10:16 PM

Ideas

How about the design aspect of Zombasite? whats the over all feel going to be? can you make Xtreem Choices that drasticly effect the game world?(destroyable buildings,ect) I'm on deck for Zombasite so I'm sure what ever you guys cook up, it will be the next din's curse. because well, off topic, it was a Flipping Fantastic game, and i play it alot ahah.

Oh i know how about an aspect like this,

"Can I become a zombie ?" if so, can i be a good zombie, whos a priest and prophet to my tribe @_@. lol.

HuntingU 09-08-2015 10:31 PM

Design Thoughts!

OH! I just had a thought, So, is there crafting in Zombasite? or if not, how about being able to recruit NPCs to your tribe that sell objects gear for your townsmen? or maybe the prospect of being able to upgrade your tribes levels/stats, or buying or building new houses for your NPCs to live in or work in to make said objects? I don't think your going with a Class system like you guys did in Din's Curse, or I may be wrong, but it would be nice to see some sort of high level of character customization. if there are going to be skills are they linked to the weapons? like lets say, if i Equip a pickaxe, will it have like, 3 abilities skill slotted to my bar like; Skill slots 1,2 and 3, being 1)Mine 2)Thrust 3)Swing. for another example a sword giving skills like 1)Thrust, 2)swing, 3)Lunge strike ect. and you could have like items you find that change out the skills on the item with other skills of the same weapon class. but maybe that might be a little much. sorry just blurting out ideas that would be a pain in the butt to code, but would be awesome @_@.