Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Demon War BETA (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   1.022 bugs (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3428)

Bluddy 02-18-2011 06:40 AM

1.022 bugs

2 Attachment(s)
Found something really weird in my inventory today (see image). Also attached save.

m0stly_harmless 02-18-2011 08:12 AM

LMAO!

Must be one of them maces I've been complaining about.

The mace of invisibility. Good luck finding strength/dex potions to help equip that. :p

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Bluddy 02-18-2011 09:34 AM

Yeah I don't think 100 levels will suffice to equip that super-item :)

Just to give more info, I tried to move an item onto that slot and the game opened a message box saying that it found a corrupt item. It deliberately crashed to prevent damage to the save file. When I restored, the bad item was gone, so the issue was handled well. I'm just worried that there may be something causing that bad item to appear.

On a different note, I can't tell if trap perception is still broken. My necromancer has 92% chance of being right for this level given his items and intelligence, but he guesses different traps that almost always end up not being there. He doesn't always do this (often he says there's no trap, and there really isn't one), but it seems like when he guesses a trap other than ice storm, there's always nothing there. I can't tell if this is just the 8% that he gets wrong, or if it's a bug.

Aet 02-18-2011 06:43 PM

Starvation

1 Attachment(s)
Starvation state hits. I eat food. My character is still starving, even while they are regaining health from said food. It took perhaps four separate food items as well as a save&exit (which didn't fix it) for the starving to go away. While I am stuffing my face to make starving go away, the hunger number on the starving state keeps going up - despite whatever food I eat. It was a bit over 2000 by the time I stocked up on 7 more bits of food and started on the next - at which point it just vanished.

Is there a certain quantity/quality of food I *have* to eat to make starving go away? Is there visual feedback for this? Or was this just an odd bug?

Nim 02-18-2011 10:46 PM

1) Got the following quest:
Cruelcarnage ( a Scarabus Exploder) is guarding 's treasure.

No treasure to be found near that boss, happens every once in a while.

2) Is this starvation behaviour intended ? I don't mind it but 10 people starving at once is kind of funny :D

3) I've had a boss with Major Quickness + Quickness. Should that be possible ? And how is that calculated ? He hit pretty damn fast :eek:

Manumitted 02-19-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nim (Post 22485)
3) I've had a boss with Major Quickness + Quickness. Should that be possible ? And how is that calculated ? He hit pretty damn fast :eek:

I've seen a fair number of unique mobs or random elite mobs with multiple modifiers like that, and they do stack (50% Life Steal hurts!). As with the Cast Time bonuses, they're added and then reciprocaled to get the new attack time, which would be something like 1 / (1 + 0.30 + 0.43) [whatever those two speed boosts actually do] of normal. It's easier just to add the boosts and call that the increased number of attacks/damage the mob gets (1.73X normal here).

Valgor 02-19-2011 07:21 AM

- The Paladin's new sword skill is displayed in the wrong place; it's all the way to the right on his list of basic skills, when it should be right next to the mace skill.

- The descriptions for the Thief's concentration skills, the Warden's ward skills and the Demonologist's circle skills don't mention the fact that the individual skills share skill points due to being linked.

- Totems and Cave-ins can become afraid. Pretty useless, since they can't run from the player anyway.

- Occasionally, spills of all kinds (except water and magma) still won't react to fire (catching flames, evaporating or melting).

Arjun123 02-19-2011 01:26 PM

Last night I encountered a minor dialogue bug. I opened up dialogue with "Don the Townperson" in the town of "Marka," but in the place of the usual opening statement was the following text: "TownPersonChat2-6". Apparently something went awry with the dialogue generation process.

Bluddy 02-19-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun123 (Post 22495)
Last night I encountered a minor dialogue bug. I opened up dialogue with "Don the Townperson" in the town of "Marka," but in the place of the usual opening statement was the following text: "TownPersonChat2-6". Apparently something went awry with the dialogue generation process.

Yeah. That's a missing dialog option.

Just a note that a gate can still be raised as a skeleton.

Bluddy 02-19-2011 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something's wrong with fear. My raised creatures suddenly get fearful for no reason at all. It happens randomly in the caverns, and here it is happening as I charge up at Din's Altar.