Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zombasite modding (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   need help with translation (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37439)

DarthNihilus 01-24-2018 12:12 PM

need help with translation

1 Attachment(s)
how this lines are formed?
trn? exe?

Shadow 01-24-2018 01:21 PM

That's controlled by LoadCharacterTitle in global.trn.

DarthNihilus 01-24-2018 03:33 PM

next question - the same line in the hover on Resume button

next - the Eliminated by monters on a clan image text is not used from global.trn. I searched all ui files and that key is never used.

and the last one - i know i asked this but since Drox i forgot it . where is the plural "s" added from? like in the money hover in skills popup.

DarthNihilus 01-25-2018 12:41 PM

and the word Tunnel doesn't wants to be translated :)

Shadow 01-25-2018 01:54 PM

The resume button text is mostly assembled in the code. It uses the translation of "level" (in menus.trn) and the class name should be the translated version.

EliminatedByMonsters is in global.trn

The plural "s" can be turned on or off by changing the value for AddPluralEnding in layout.loc.

Tunnel should be in global2.trn in the expansion.

DarthNihilus 01-25-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 83252)
EliminatedByMonsters is in global.trn

Tunnel should be in global2.trn in the expansion.

i already translated them but in the game they still both remain the same. english that is. anyway even in the global2.trn "Tunnel" is "Secret Tunnel" and in the game it's "tunnel"

Shadow 01-25-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthNihilus (Post 83253)
i already translated them but in the game they still both remain the same. english that is. anyway even in the global2.trn "Tunnel" is "Secret Tunnel" and in the game it's "tunnel"

EliminatedByMonsters looks correct in the code and I added a 2 to the translation and it showed up in game fine.

You are correct that Tunnel is not getting translated correctly. That will be fixed in version 1.020.

DarthNihilus 01-26-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 83256)
EliminatedByMonsters looks correct in the code and I added a 2 to the translation and it showed up in game fine.

Can you tell me what line in which mnu file is using that key, cause i searched for it, but with no result... I looked over all the relation*.mnu's

Shadow 01-26-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthNihilus (Post 83259)
Can you tell me what line in which mnu file is using that key, cause i searched for it, but with no result... I looked over all the relation*.mnu's

The EliminatedByMonsters key is not used in any menu files, just 1 place in the code.

DarthNihilus 01-26-2018 10:46 AM

EliminatedByMonsters question removed now it's correct. hell knows what happened.