Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Din's Legacy (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Feature Request and Issues (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37933)

rainbow 09-19-2018 05:38 PM

Feature Request and Issues

Thanks for the great game. :)

Would you please add a class that allows me to summon elemental monsters? Would you please add a spell that allows me to heal after attacking monsters?

These requests come from Din's additional mod by Magitek.

Would it be possible for you to implement some of the spells that were in Din's Additional Mod by Magiteck? Will it be possible to mod Din's Legacy or at least change the classes?

When I tried a new game, there were tons on monsters at the start up. (I did pick the option to add more monsters). Can this be fixed so that tons of Monsters don't show up when I first start a game?

Thank you.

Destro* 09-19-2018 08:10 PM

On that note, I'm curious, what kind of issues should we report Shadow? I mean, there are still relic merchants showing up when it seems that relics have been completely removed. So, I'm not sure if that is something that you are aware of and planning to fix, or if it is worthy of reporting.

There are a lot of issues with stuff spawning in walls and/or inaccessible areas, so they fall in this gray area too.

I only ask because I don't want to flood with a ton of bug reports for minor things.

Shadow 09-19-2018 08:54 PM

There is a summoner specialty that is locked at the beginning.

What do you mean by heal after attacking monsters? Like a life leech?

I probably will add some more skills here and there.

Din's Legacy is just as moddable as our previous games.

The first patch made less monsters in the initial town (at least until the world is level 5 or above).

I'm going to get my todo list back up to date soon so you will be able to see what is on my list - the current version is at https://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37494

In general, I would rather over reporting rather than under reporting.

rainbow 09-19-2018 09:37 PM

Yes. Something like life leech.

Thanks a bunch.

Destro* 09-19-2018 10:16 PM

Okidoke. I'll compile as I go. But, I do want to share some of the bigger bugs I found along with my first impressions.

Bug 1: Some areas will reward the 'explored' experience bonus multiple times. I'm not sure what the trigger is for this, but I know that leaving an area for a while and returning is what was necessary to get the experience bonus to be awarded again. Probably worth looking into since I was getting like 3k+ experience an area for some of the special areas of my world.

Bug 2: Sometimes when creating a new area I get put into a completely black map where I can't move. This has happened many times, so it's fairly repeatable. I know that I had the 'Chaos' encounter for the second time it happened, so might be worth checking.

Bug 3: This has happened twice. But, basically, my character save will duplicate as a new record with no name associated with it. If I do go play that duplicated save, my name gets set. And, if I save, it will update the original save game record that has a name associated with it while ignoring the record with no associated name. A really strange bug for sure that I have no idea how you'd fix. But, there you have it!

Bug 4: If you accept somebody in you party and they get infected and then you leave the area, then the notification that they are infected will remain on your screen even in the next area. Yet, there is no way to interact with that person.

Bug 5 (maybe): It doesn't seem like the classes to the left, right and below of Necromancer (aside from Minstral) are unlockable? If they have special conditions that are different from the other mutations, then please ignore this. (no spoilers) But, I did a crapton of mutations by power-leveling new blight necromancers and didn't unlock them. And, I didn't see anything on the steam forums about this, so I wanted to make a mention here.

Bug 6 (maybe): Combos seem to not generate properly for all abilities. I mean, one time on my char I was rolling with a 200% multi and could keep it up consistently by alternating skills. When it's at 0%, though, I can't seem to generate even 1%. Does it not show up unless you get over a certain percent? I'm not sure.

Feedback time! :D

Feedback 1: Rewards need added to winning encounters! I'm guessing that chests/material rewards haven't been implemented yet.

Feedback 2: Town NPCs should get a defensive buff. As your level goes up, I noticed that they are just way too squishy for you to beat the 'let no npcs die' encounter, unless overleveled....

Feedback 3: I know many people had problems with too many quests in the past, but now I feel that there are too few now. You get like 1-3 an area. It would be nice to get 3-5, as leveling feels extremely slow without quests, even on very fast pace.

Feedback 4: Petition to get health/mana values listed above globes. (Sorry if I missed the option but I didn't see it.)

Feedback 5: I'd really like a convenient way to delete all of my worlds in-game without going through each one one by one. (Currently, going to windows explorer is about the only way to do it efficiently).

Feedback 6: At first, I really disliked the slopes onmaps. But, after seeing that they actually change movement speed, I came to love the extra tactics that they bring to the game. Still, I feel that are overused and overdone. Every area has crazy slopes and it would be nice to have some areas with not so crazy slopes. A bit more diversity in this regard would be very welcome!

That's the realistic change. In terms of 'dream-like' changes to terrain, I have two. First, I'd really love to see actual cliffs and cliff faces. With the huge increase in monster density in Din's Legacy, corners have become more important than ever. So, the corner of a L-shaped cliff edge would be a very welcomed strategic point. And, the same can be said for sporadic cliff walls to hide against.

The other thing I'd really like to see are more large projectile obstructing objects. Again, the monster density is really high in Din's Legacy, so positioning to block projectiles is very important. Large trees, massive boulders, ruined walls, etc. could all be very helpful for helping to block projectiles.

Feedback 7: Ambushes should be toned down. Again, mob density is higher, so chained ambushes are happening more frequently. I personally like the free experience. But, I don't think the mechanic is balanced for difficulty/exp for the average player.

To give a bit of an idea of where my pacing suggestions are coming from, I played for like 4 hours nonstop today and only reached level 11 on my hardcore character. I know that I have a lot to learn and am working on the most efficient strategies. But, I can't help but feel that this is a tad bit slow. And, imho, my clear speed on my character is not even that bad ^^ (poison arrow doing 25-33 damage a second (depending on the level I leave it at)).

Compliment Section:

I'm really loving many of the approaches taken toward diversifying each play through. And, the game has a lot of added incentives to explore areas and not log out/switch areas. The torches are really interesting imho. And, I hope that more scrolls get added in the future. I love that clutter was added pretty much everywhere and some finds (like the treasure hunting potion) surprised me quite a bit! Haha. Combos are neat and, yeah, just lots of goodies in this game. Can't wait for it to be a bit more polished!

Shadow 09-20-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destro* (Post 84287)
Bug 6 (maybe): Combos seem to not generate properly for all abilities. I mean, one time on my char I was rolling with a 200% multi and could keep it up consistently by alternating skills. When it's at 0%, though, I can't seem to generate even 1%. Does it not show up unless you get over a certain percent? I'm not sure.

Which skills are you having problems with?

jeeplaw 09-20-2018 11:59 AM

Shadow,
I'm seeing some weird stuff with HP bars not reflecting hits/attacks as a successful attack is made..it's as if the computation is catching up or lagging during the fight and not being reflected in the on screen hp bar for the mob.

Also, can you increase the search speed a little bit more than it is now when we're searching objects? It seems really, really slow..maybe by design?

Destro* 09-20-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 84288)
Which skills are you having problems with?

Blight and Bolt and Gloom.

Though, I do think it is literally everything as I can't get combos to start with any character.

Edit:

New Bug 1: Frost Rylor, Scree and various other monsters have a melee attack range that hits farther than their attack animation.
Bug 2: Not sure if intentional, but quest monster was a rank 6 with very many mods more than rank 6 should normally have. Ruined a brand new HC char, :*(. Here is an album of pics: https://imgur.com/a/U862sWu
Bug 3: Boss monster spawned in unreachable area.
I also have the dark world bug picture there for you too. Going to try to take more screenshots going forward.

Shadow 09-20-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destro* (Post 84293)
Bug 2: Not sure if intentional, but quest monster was a rank 6 with very many mods more than rank 6 should normally have. Ruined a brand new HC char, :*(. Here is an album of pics: https://imgur.com/a/U862sWu
Bug 3: Boss monster spawned in unreachable area.
I also have the dark world bug picture there for you too. Going to try to take more screenshots going forward.

#2 is intentional. Unique monsters that have prefix have a very specific number of enhancements based on their rank, but are random. Unique monsters with just a straight name are truly unique and have a set list of enhancements.

Can you send me the character/world save of #3?

Destro* 09-20-2018 09:10 PM

Gotcha on #2! Didn't know that. Very cool.

Here is the zip for #3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n87vtm...Saves.zip/file

Notes: My character 'God' had the black screen bug with the 'Chaos' world modifier, and I'm not sure if that is the same character used in the screenshot. As for the world, I really don't know which world it was, but I haven't deleted any worlds since I started playing, so I've simply zipped up all of my worlds. I speculate that the 1 KB file size world files may be of interest due to their small size and since I have exactly 2, which is the same amount of times I had the bug happen. In any case, if I can repeat the bug, I'll upload the character/world at that exact time. And, if you have any problems with mediafire or need a different file host, just let me know.

jeeplaw 09-20-2018 09:58 PM

Are we supposed to have clans like in Zombasite? Same dynamics as before?

Shadow 09-20-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplaw (Post 84296)
Are we supposed to have clans like in Zombasite? Same dynamics as before?

You never have a clan, but some scenarios do have other clans though.

jeeplaw 09-20-2018 11:19 PM

Ahh..going to miss the clan dynamic..liked having parties out doing stuff.

Just came across a beastmaster npc who sells guards..is that element in the game still? I ask because I don't have a pedastels in my town to place the guards into.

Shadow 09-21-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplaw (Post 84298)
Just came across a beastmaster npc who sells guards..is that element in the game still? I ask because I don't have a pedastels in my town to place the guards into.

I'm still deciding what to do with guards (if anything).

Mithur 09-21-2018 01:19 PM

As i recall beastmasters in Din's Curse sell monsters as pets,to be used as ally in adventures(can be active only one at time).

Shadow 09-21-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithur (Post 84300)
As i recall beastmasters in Din's Curse sell monsters as pets,to be used as ally in adventures(can be active only one at time).

That's one possibility.

treborx555 09-21-2018 04:49 PM

an immortal pet would be nice, mostly cus i like gearing up characters a lot and 1 more character to gear up is twice the fun xD

they could be on cooldown for balance reasons.

Destro* 09-21-2018 06:47 PM

@treborx555, would be cool but likely overpowered if you can gear it up and it gets effected by minion bonuses. CDs can be bypassed by relogging too, so that wouldn't help to balance out it.

Feature Request: Darkness debuff should give escape notice bonus.
Feature Request 2: I love that worlds have different rarities, lol. Do it to chests too! Give everything rarity. :D

Mithur 09-21-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treborx555 (Post 84302)
an immortal pet would be nice, mostly cus i like gearing up characters a lot and 1 more character to gear up is twice the fun xD

they could be on cooldown for balance reasons.

In Din's Curse minions pet from beastmaster not immortal,it will be with you until its die in battle or been unsummond by activating new monster pet(monster pets is one time use item),and you can't change its gear.

Destro* 09-21-2018 08:42 PM

Another bug report. For the 'no name' assigned to character save, I managed to go to my 'chars' folder and I have one generated for ya. A summoner char level 9 with no name for my character 'Summoner'. Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aa2ttv...moner.zip/file

Edit: Bug, npcs just don't spawn in towns ever now. Insta-fails all quests that require npcs to survive.

jeeplaw 09-22-2018 09:13 AM

Also, is it possible to have the "hide loot" until all the monsters are vanquished in the immediate vicinity optioned in the UI? Right now, it's disconcerting at times to have all the loot pop in and out if a new mob comes into the kill area.

Destro* 09-22-2018 09:42 PM

More stuffs:

Bugs:
- Entering the mutation screen (on character page when hitting 'c'), causing the skill bar to dissappear. Workaround: reassign a skill to skill bar.
- Extra waypoint portal thing spawns in starter town.
- Losing a zone and leaving doesn't incur an exp penalty in HC.
- Default setting is to 'not show items' for some reason on my character when logging in? Should it not save the users last preference?
- Map reveal radius is too small. It doesn't even cover what you can see in the normal game view.
- Mega-map shows red dots for enemies, yet the minimap doesn't while inside of towns.
- Friendly undead-aura totems affect non-undead (ex: the player)
- Name in character screen stretches outside of the box once you get 3 subclasses.
- The in-game window cannot support very many skills of a single given skill level (like several level 3 skills). They begin to overlap which makes it impossible to level/unlevel them in the UI.
- Some rooms spawn bugged. Here is an image: https://i.imgur.com/dSCIiIu.jpg. I could not find the world save file for this area, sadly. But, this bug happened a couple of times during my level 100 run, so it should appear again eventually. When this bug happens, its possible to walk through walls on the map in many areas. Also, the corruption only partially effects an area.
- Summon chaos lord lets you summon infinite monsters that match the area they are spawned in.
- Teleport can mutate above max level to grant infinite teleports (I think? not sure how it works, but there ya go).

- Ice Sentries are overpowered, (glacier as usual).
- Would be nice to repair torches :/
- Exp granted from explored places should be proportional to area size. (Passes give a lot for time explored vs. the mega-areas giving very little)
- OLD: Please see my comments on drops and experience here: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37938 // Drop quantity and rarity of items is far too low, imho. I recommend rechecking the balance.
- A true 'no-attack' left-mouse-button click, that doesn't require you to hold 'f' and lets you move and interact with stuff, but not attack.

Etto 09-22-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplaw (Post 84308)
Also, is it possible to have the "hide loot" until all the monsters are vanquished in the immediate vicinity optioned in the UI? Right now, it's disconcerting at times to have all the loot pop in and out if a new mob comes into the kill area.

This is an option already, I believe it is "Hide loot in combat". You'll want to turn that off.

Professor Paul1290 09-23-2018 10:24 AM

I'm definitely not a fan of the "Gladiator" scenario at all, or at least the current incarnation of it.
It seems to frequently have odd issues but on top of that it doesn't seem to fit the game very well.

rainbow 09-24-2018 04:34 PM

Thanks for the fun game. I am enjoying it.

Feature Requests:
The Necromancer and Pyromancer (or the fire based spell class) cannot use Wands. This skill is missing for both. Would you please add it?

For the Beast Master, would you please add a reusable scroll so that a creature can be summoned at any time? The scroll, of course, will probably be more expensive.

Would you please leave the terrain changes in? It appears that some people don't like them, but I think it adds depth to the game.

Would you please add more NPC's that sell various things to the game? Would you please have them show up more often? If not already in the game, would you please add gamblers that sell various items?

Issues:
Sometimes, a skill cannot replace an attack icon the toolbar. It will put it next to it even if the skill icon is dragged over it.

treborx555 09-24-2018 04:47 PM

I also want a more lively town, or 1 i can build myself.

I'm trying to make some kind of mod that adds vendors that are always there in town but can't seem to do it.

Shadow 09-24-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow (Post 84321)
The Necromancer and Pyromancer (or the fire based spell class) cannot use Wands. This skill is missing for both. Would you please add it?

Sometimes, a skill cannot replace an attack icon the toolbar. It will put it next to it even if the skill icon is dragged over it.

Both of those specialties do have the wand skill, but each new character does have some randomness so some individual characters might not have it.

Which specific skill(s) are getting replaced automatically with the attack skill?

rainbow 09-24-2018 06:47 PM

I'll need to check into this tonight or tomorrow night.

I just remembering dragging either the necromancer shadow bolt or the one next to it onto the attack icon and the gui moved the icon to slot 2 or 3 when I closed the skills screen. This may not be fully correct.

Another thing I noticed is that entering the Mutation Screen to change your class and then cancelling out of it clears the toolbar. This is sort of annoying when in the midst of a lot of enemies.

Thank you.

Destro* 09-25-2018 10:07 PM

Not sure if a bug, but in the "Total War" scenario, your clan hearthstone can't be destroyed. Well, monsters that raid your clan won't destroy it anyway. Not sure what enemy clans would do if they actually raided.

Shadow 09-26-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destro* (Post 84335)
Not sure if a bug, but in the "Total War" scenario, your clan hearthstone can't be destroyed. Well, monsters that raid your clan won't destroy it anyway. Not sure what enemy clans would do if they actually raided.

Yeah, your healthstone can't be destroyed in any scenario.

Destro* 09-26-2018 04:29 PM

Alright, thanks, just wanted to make sure it was intentional.

Destro* 09-26-2018 09:56 PM

New bug: I mutated and it took me from 3 skill points to -3 skill point?:

https://imgur.com/a/9nvVpk2

Char file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fpk394...ad_Me.zip/file

edit: I believe it's the focus skills that are causing the issue. Every time you mutate, your skill points get recalculated. And, the game recalculates your other focus skills as having cost points. The linked skills are a bit buggy in this regard, as when you mutate to get more than one of them, they won't be linked.

And, another bug report: Most town npcs spawn at half hp (30/60).

edit: Suggestion: Would be nice if you started as allied to the clan you have to protect in 'Clan Protector' scenario.

rainbow 09-27-2018 07:04 PM

The game defaults to having the attack icon on the toolbar with the number -1. I dragged the Necromancer's first AOE spell (forgot the name) on top of it. When I left the skill screen, it put the AOE spell in slot 2. I had to delete the attack icon from slot 1 by pressing the Delete Key to put the AOE spell in slot 2.

rainbow 09-27-2018 07:05 PM

In addition to the Billboard, if not already added, would you please add random NPC's that give random Quests to the town? That would be fun.

Thank you.

Etto 09-27-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow (Post 84345)
The game defaults to having the attack icon on the toolbar with the number -1. I dragged the Necromancer's first AOE spell (forgot the name) on top of it. When I left the skill screen, it put the AOE spell in slot 2. I had to delete the attack icon from slot 1 by pressing the Delete Key to put the AOE spell in slot 2.

Yeah, the only skills that I have been able to put into the number 1 slot are direct target spells and attacks. It seems AOE skills get overwritten by the basic attack every time.

Destro* 09-28-2018 03:48 PM

New bug:

Diplomacy scenario can require you to ally a clan with itself, which is impossible: https://imgur.com/a/KK9BbVG

edit: Not sure if bug, but fearless and Bloodthirst don't have additional levels. (I can understand Bloodthirst, but fearless seems like it should have other levels)

edit 2: Bug, the brawl scenario sometimes doesn't spawn other clan leaders for you to fight. (A way point for a clan spawned in a wall out of reach, so could be related to spawning system.)

Feedback: Would be nice to have a 'no skip scenarios' mode as a difficulty option in the future, once all scenarios are confirmed beatable due to no bugs.

Feedback 2: Would be nice if reward chests dropped crafting materials. (even different types of chests would be cool)

Destro* 09-29-2018 11:29 AM

Figure I'll make this a separate post to go over some of the things that are more new, updates or speculative.

Bugs:

First, the World War scenario causes far more lag than any other scenario. Please keep in mind I'm doing level 100 areas when I say this, as I don't recall it being a problem at lower level areas. However, it is extremely noticeable.

When going into level 200 areas, it almost feels like some scenarios are restricted? This is speculation of course... but I tried 100 new areas and couldn't get any of my 'top 4 areas' -> Adventure, total war, demigod, diplomancy.

The crash rate when going into new areas at level 200 is a lot higher than lower areas. No idea why.

At high level areas, you get scenarios where npcs don't spawn again, so you instantly lose 'protect the town' win conditions.

Reward chests don't always spawn when killing off clans in high level scenarios. There may be some conditions to this that I couldn't determine...

Passive bonuses on linked skills (like the focus skills) do not activate on skill usage. For example, if you get focus damage first and then focus armor later, if you then get a passive ability on focus armor later, it will say that the skill is not leveled.

Alll 'Only 1 can survive' scenario's generate a bugged tileset for the area.

And last, I don't have evidence for this one (because I wasn't in the mood), but I want to put down a record for historical purposes. When going into that one small outside map (kill all clan leaders scenario for example, with the orange desert theme), my entire character glitches out. This happens consistently. And, upon saving my character and going back out to the character menu, the name is gone like the 'no named character save' bug, but it even loses its three-mutation description tag too. Thankfully, I can go back in and make a new scenario and play him like normal. I don't have the evidence for this, so I suppose ignore this for now, but I wanted to put this message here as a record for the future.

Monster stun on hit is both overpowered and super annoying. A white skeleton hitting me for 30 damage of my 100,000 health being able to stun me for 2+ seconds is silly. I feel the best implementation of 'stun duration on hit' would be to make stun duration a ratio of damage done versus target health, with a minimum percentage of health loss required to even trigger a stun (3% health loss is significant enough). I acknowledge that defense can counter stun on hit.... but, I don't feel that players should have to counter absolutely pathetic amounts of damage.

This problem is further exacerbated by the fact that everything's attack range is far beyond its actual visual distance. This is to the extent that monsters can literally hit you through walls: https://imgur.com/a/w7fDOF8 (observe the styrac, who is attacking through the wall). Very annoying when fighting clans and it makes it so much easier for monsters to surround and stun-lock players.

There are naturally a ton of other balance comments that I'd love to make. But, I feel that those are definitely the most game impacting mechanics, since they literally affect every character from level 1 to level 100.

And, that's it from me! Good luck on the bug fixes and such until release. :D

rainbow 10-01-2018 05:14 PM

Feature Requests:
Wands do a little more damage.
More Quest Types (cannot think of any yet)
Always have a least one vendor with a good amount of gold in town at the start of the game to sell stuff to.
The NPCS walk around areas that are on fire when in town.

Thank you.

jeeplaw 10-05-2018 12:16 PM

Not sure if this has ever been requested before, but a quality of life feature which would be great is a button (remappable) that will use a potion of healing on your companion. Depending on the fight I'm in, it's sometimes a pain in the ass to open inventory and then drop a potion on my guy to heal him up.

Shadow 10-05-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeplaw (Post 84378)
Not sure if this has ever been requested before, but a quality of life feature which would be great is a button (remappable) that will use a potion of healing on your companion. Depending on the fight I'm in, it's sometimes a pain in the ass to open inventory and then drop a potion on my guy to heal him up.

This already exists. F1 will give your first companion a potion, F2 the 2nd, etc.