Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Din's Curse game (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Din's Curse Sets - kinds? (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2781)

Amberjoy 09-11-2010 05:00 PM

Din's Curse Sets - kinds?

What kinds of sets have you run across in Din's Curse. Are they the same as those listed in Depths of Peril area I mistakenly posted in? I don't recall which ones I've found so far, no full sets yet. I'll have to check later today and post here.

edit: here's what I've found so far:

Tover's - dirk, vest
Brenna's - Belt
Tore's - dirk, vest (2)
Greta's - tunic (2)
Ciglio's - Robe (3)

*I think I have the spelling right, maybe not. :)

timeh 09-12-2010 12:24 PM

pretty much the same names as you posted, not sure about the items themselves

shadow: would an app that pulls the item data from the gdb files be against the terms of use in any way?

Shadow 09-13-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberjoy (Post 16793)
What kinds of sets have you run across in Din's Curse. Are they the same as those listed in Depths of Peril area I mistakenly posted in?

If I remember correctly, Din's has all of the DoP sets and more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeh (Post 16798)
shadow: would an app that pulls the item data from the gdb files be against the terms of use in any way?

That's a dangerous question there, I could think of many ways that could lead to things that wouldn't be ok. :)

If you are wanting to use an app to gather all of the info to make a Din's Curse item database, post, or page, that's perfectly fine.

Amberjoy 09-28-2010 05:38 PM

Speaking of sets. I've finally gotten a full set! Cigalio's set. I bought the rings when vendor had them because I hadn't seen them come up as treasure and had been keeping set pieces in my 'share' chest. Unfortunately I can't wear the whole set yet with the character I'm using at the moment, a weapon master/thief. :) Needs 2 more levels to use the gold ring. Woot! :D

FloodSpectre 09-28-2010 09:22 PM

Pretty sure there's also a Mudbeard set (plate mail) and an Alek's set (sword and shield).

I'm not 100% sure on these, but I seem to recall seeing both.

Roswitha 09-29-2010 05:06 PM

I've got bits and pieces of 17 sets:
Aversion
Bevan
Ciglio
Damek
Dez
Draaien
Drel
Eeanlee
Fuse
Greta
Lulan
Raven
Retter
Shankar
Skadd
Sven
Tover

Amberjoy 09-29-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 17087)
I've got bits and pieces of 17 sets:
Aversion
Bevan
Ciglio
Damek
Dez
Draaien
Drel
Eeanlee
Fuse
Greta
Lulan
Raven
Retter
Shankar
Skadd
Sven
Tover

I've gotten some more since I first posted. Yours is much longer than my list! :)

Amberjoy 10-02-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloodSpectre (Post 17081)
Pretty sure there's also a Mudbeard set (plate mail) and an Alek's set (sword and shield).

I'm not 100% sure on these, but I seem to recall seeing both.

Yes there is. I have Alec (2) and just got a Mudbeard tonight. :)

also have:

Turen (2)

Can't use Mudbeard yet, have to get my strength up a mite..up to 60 if I remember correctly. :o

Vifarc 10-03-2010 07:02 AM

As sets are for now useless (we hardly find items from the same set, and can't complete them), there should be some set quests.
The quest should be proposed when we wear one item's set without wearing all, it should send us in the bottom floors, to a merchant, or to killing some mob.

FloodSpectre 10-03-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vifarc (Post 17151)
As sets are for now useless (we hardly find items from the same set, and can't complete them), there should be some set quests.
The quest should be proposed when we wear one item's set without wearing all, it should send us in the bottom floors, to a merchant, or to killing some mob.

The sets have similar drop frequency to any other game of this sort I've ever played, honestly. Really, I think I see them drop MORE in Din's than in say TQ or D2.

But quests for set pieces actually could be pretty cool, especially if the game were able to tailor them (to a degree) to your class and level.