Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drox Operative BETA (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Typos (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4962)

Roswitha 06-14-2012 08:50 PM

Typos

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd do another thread just for these.

"prepair" should be "prepare". See the attachment.

Roswitha 06-14-2012 09:02 PM

On the Trade Screen, the text on the items says 'Drag and Drop', but you have to click to pick it up, and click to put it down.

DeathKnight1728 06-15-2012 12:36 AM

Under diplomacy screen, under lithosoid, it says expland instead of expand.

Puce Moose 06-15-2012 12:41 AM

Tooltip on Known Sector Modifiers (Space Junk):
People apparent just leave their junk wherever they want

NefariousKoel 06-15-2012 12:46 AM

Not exactly a typo:

The range for weapons listed in the tooltips are valued in "meters". I'm thinking that 0 to 19 meters in space is probably a bit too short. ;) Change the tooltip to say "km" for it? Or maybe "hm" for hectometer?

viper34j 06-15-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NefariousKoel (Post 31007)
Not exactly a typo:

The range for weapons listed in the tooltips are valued in "meters". I'm thinking that 0 to 19 meters in space is probably a bit too short. ;) Change the tooltip to say "km" for it? Or maybe "hm" for hectometer?

I guess that depends on the size of the ships really... If they are only 5 meters, then 0-19 meters seems right :) But kms is definitely not right, that is way way way too far. The ships are probably more likely in the range of 50-75 meters in length, which means the weapon range is probably more realistically 0-200 meters.

My suggestion would be to just drop the unit from the range. It can be ambiguous "units", its really only there for comparing other weapons with ambiguous "units".

Valgor 06-15-2012 12:08 PM

The tooltips for Planned Positive Rumor and Planned Negative Rumor refer both to Quick Sabotage instead of Quick Rumor.

Roswitha 06-15-2012 12:43 PM

Are there any light components other than crew? If so, put (Crew) after Light Components. If not, just change Light Components to Crew.

aReclusiveMind 06-15-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 31067)
Are there any light components other than crew? If so, put (Crew) after Light Components. If not, just change Light Components to Crew.

There are other components. I had some energy regen light components for instance.

Delilah Rehm 06-15-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 (Post 31003)
Under diplomacy screen, under lithosoid, it says expland instead of expand.

What's a l between friends. :p

Roswitha 06-15-2012 01:21 PM

"Hidden within the anomaly was some ship components."

Was should be were.

Mivo 06-15-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 31067)

Speaking of which, I found it unintuitive that "light armor plating" (I think that was its name) was a heavy component. I was so happy to find a seemingly light component (and it was yellow!), just to have my hopes dashed! :)

desophos 06-15-2012 06:29 PM

When you deliver a needed item to a planet, the message it gives you mentions the planet name where the item name should be.

Roswitha 06-15-2012 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In the first attachment, 'your' should be 'you're'.

In the second attachment, it's either missing an 'an' or station needs to be plural.

Roswitha 06-16-2012 02:00 AM

In the diplomat screen, Brunt says "Don't try our patients." That's 'patience'. :)

Roswitha 06-16-2012 02:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'Spaces' should be 'Space'. See attachment.

Valgor 06-17-2012 07:30 AM

Not exactly a typo, but the wording of the Max Speed tooltip reads a bit strange.
I'd say "The max speed ever" should be changed to something along the lines of "The highest speed possible" .

Valgor 06-17-2012 05:03 PM

Here are some more corrections for the tooltips in Drox' options menus :

Graphics Options :

- There's a missing comma after "numbers", and "[...],but better resolutions might be slower." should be "Higher resolutions might be slower." in the Screen Size tooltip.

- There's a missing comma after "slider" in the Gamma slider tooltip.

- There's a superfluous comma after "NPCs" in the Better Lighting tooltip.

- There's a comma missing after "new frequency" in the Screen Frequency tooltip.

- It should read "[...] how far away the camera is [...]" in the Zoom slider tooltip.

- It should read "Anti-aliasing makes the edges of things look less jaggy." and "The higher the number of samples, the better the graphics, but it might slow down the game." in the Anti-Aliasing tooltip. The reference to swords should be removed as well.

- It should be "a glowy effect" in the Bloom tooltip.

- There's a missing comma after "If you turn this off" in the Detail Models tooltip. (What exactly does this option do in Drox?)

- There's a missing comma after "slider" in the Minimap Alpha tooltip.

- It should be "you're having problems" in the Use Hardware Cursor tooltip.

- It should be "[...] most programs that deal with images [...]" and "JPGs" instead of "jpgs" in the Screenshot Type (which should be named Screenshot Format) tooltip.

- It should be "[...] the slowest ones as well." in the Highest Quality button tooltip.

Sound Options :

- It should be "This option chooses the device [...]" in the Sound Device tooltip.

Game Options :

- It should be "[...] above the player's ship" in the Show Player Health Bar tooltip.

- It should be "monsters", and "heads" should be removed from the end of the Show Ingame Health Bars tooltip.

- "show items on ground key" should be "show components key" in the Show Items Toggle tooltip.

- The tooltip for Show Combat Effects should read "Chooses wheter or not to display combat special effects." .

- "world" should be replaced with "planet" in the Show Names tooltip.

- It should read "[...] when the player is hit hard." in the Can Shake Screen tooltip. (My screen will shake on its own when I hit it hard, thanks :) )

- The tooltip for Show Clock should read "Displays a clock in the bottom right corner of the main game screen." .

- It should be "Shows the numbers [...]" in the Show Relation Numbers tooltip.

- "display" should be replaced with "appear" in the Tooltip Delay tooltip.

- "left top" should be "top left" in the Show Full Player Menu (which should be named Show Full Player Info) tooltip.

- It should read "[...] the first slot will still fill, if ever empty." in the Autofill Use Slots tooltip.

- It should be "[...] when you start the game" in the Play Intro Movie tooltip.

Multiplayer Options :

- Both "we"s should be replace with "you" in the Client Data Rate tooltip.

Phew.

Caal 06-17-2012 05:19 PM

If you try to repair (repair all) a ship that is already fully repaired the message says "Nothing needs repaired!"

desophos 06-17-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caal (Post 31350)
If you try to repair (repair all) a ship that is already fully repaired the message says "Nothing needs repaired!"

You beat me to it. Just to clarify, this should be either "Nothing needs repair" or "Nothing needs to be repaired".

Roswitha 06-18-2012 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In the first image, "ships" should be "ship's".

In the second image, mother should be plural. Also, why is a Shadow planet warning me about the sneaky shadow?

Shadow 06-18-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 31553)
Also, why is a Shadow planet warning me about the sneaky shadow?

Ah, the problem of general advice. :)

Valgor 06-18-2012 07:18 PM

It's another one of their cunning ploys!

Roswitha 06-19-2012 01:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
In the Shadow trade screen, it says, "Thank you nothing." It needs a 'for'.

In the Hive trade screen, it says "You ask too much?" That ? should probably be a . or a !

"Found a small ship wreck on <planet>." Shipwreck is one word.

In the first image, "choosen" should be "chosen".

In the second image, you might say "mention" instead of "bring up".

In the third image, the second half of the first sentence needs a "they". (I wonder if I can fit a 'fourth' in there somewhere. :) ) You will probably need to fix this in all of the components.
The second sentence needs a period.

Enjoying the game!

Valgor 06-22-2012 05:20 PM

Not really a typo, but text related :

The item "Tuned Radiation Neutralizer" is missing a decription.

Valgor 06-23-2012 08:26 AM

In the text for the Super Rats quest, "Our idea is to mutant a bunch of ants[...]" should be "Our idea is to mutate a bunch of ants[...]" .
(Though I think it's a really stupid idea, these things never work the way they planned)

ShaggyMoose 06-23-2012 10:50 AM

When it says "N of the population died" where I have seen N be a number of 0.7, 1.3 etc etc. doesn't mean much to me. Is it an absolute? What is the unit? Can it be more specific as an absolute, or convert to a percentage of the population? Make me feel a little more remorse when I let a comet take out a colony. :p

Roswitha 06-23-2012 03:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
In the first image, it says "Track that ship down and destroy them." 'Them' should be 'it'.

In the second image, the bonus isn't highlighted. It took me a minute to figure it out.

This one's more of a bug than a typo. In image 3, it announces that a Fringe colony in Arkassira was taken out by a Drox Operative (me). I was in the next system over at the time. The line above it says that the Dryad destroyed the Fringe.

Shadow 06-25-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgor (Post 32260)
In the text for the Super Rats quest, "Our idea is to mutant a bunch of ants[...]" should be "Our idea is to mutate a bunch of ants[...]" .
(Though I think it's a really stupid idea, these things never work the way they planned)

Of course it's not a good idea. :)

Roswitha 06-29-2012 07:54 PM

"The radiation sickness is now over. Everyone effected is now dead!" Should be affected.

Shadow 06-29-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roswitha (Post 32732)
"The radiation sickness is now over. Everyone effected is now dead!" Should be affected.

So what are the rules about effect and affect?

Castruccio 06-29-2012 08:07 PM

see this link for affect vs effect: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com...us-effect.aspx

PixelLord 06-29-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castruccio (Post 32734)
see this link for affect vs effect: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com...us-effect.aspx

I went to that link, and the effect on me affected my infection with the English language. ;)

Valgor 07-01-2012 05:48 PM

In the Overlord quest text, there's a superfluous 'the' in "They usually won't attack the anyone directly [...]" .

Valgor 07-04-2012 07:33 AM

On the new Win Progress screen, "Are allied with most powerful race?" should probably be just "Allied with most powerful race?" .

Roswitha 07-05-2012 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Discrete' should be 'discreet' unless you mean distinct attacks.

Roswitha 07-06-2012 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like the QuestFail text is missing.

Roswitha 07-07-2012 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'You' should be 'your'.
You could reword it as, "This is not recommended for your first ship."

Roswitha 07-07-2012 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I lost a sector and got the attached message. While it is suitably negative, the comments about the other races aren't really relevant. How about sentences like this?

You have suffered a humiliating defeat.
You failed to earn the trust of the great and powerful.
The galactic races hold you in contempt.
You tried to control this sector but it threw you off and left you in the dust.
You are not worthy of the name of Drox Operative.

ShaggyMoose 07-10-2012 10:23 AM

For the item "beam amplification module", one of the stats is "+x% skill damage". This seems like a carry over from DoP/DC. Should it be "weapon damage" for DO? Or is it specific to laser weapons, so should be "beam damage"?