Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Depths of Peril modding (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Custom Recruits (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33128)

Murphius 08-15-2014 05:16 PM

Custom Recruits

I was wondering if there was a way to force a spawn of, or start a game with a particular NPC?

I know you can edit the avaliable skills in the database001 - NpcArchetypes.gdb, but I was looking to choose a class, all 4 skills and a name for one NPC for my own amusement.

Murphius 08-16-2014 07:17 PM

Not on the same topic, but I'm trying to make the priests spell Holy Symbol use all of the priests faith for bonus damage per faith. But I can't seem to get it to go through.

I found

DamagePerExtraRage 2.0
UseAllRage 1

For Devastating blow, but changing rage to power, or faith did not work. Is this possible?

Shadow 08-18-2014 04:26 PM

You could probably remove all of the skills that you don't want temporarily until you get the NPC you want and then put it back to normal.

Those 2 commands in your second post only work with rage in the name. While they must have rage in the actual name, they might work with other mana types.

Murphius 08-18-2014 04:58 PM

I couldn't find a means to change or set the recruits name, so what I did was make the 4 skills I wanted mandatory and set the wilderness spawn rate so high that the areas were just wall to wall recruits. Then I wandered through till I found one with a name I liked then restarted normally. "Hasta" was the winner.

As for the second post, I tried using rage in the name and it worked as far as it took 100% of my priests faith, but it did not apply any extra damage as a result. I tried it with a melee skill and it applied the damage so I'm continuing to experiment.

Murphius 08-19-2014 04:28 PM

No success so far applying the

DamagePerExtraRage 2.0
UseAllRage 1

To spells, but it does work for melee abilities for all the classes.

I've been trying to make Holy Strike increase the players melee lightning damage for a few seconds, much like Concentration Poison functions for the Rogue but I can't get the status effect to apply to the player while keeping the target of the spells damage be an enemy. Is this possible?

Shadow 08-19-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphius (Post 75241)
I've been trying to make Holy Strike increase the players melee lightning damage for a few seconds, much like Concentration Poison functions for the Rogue but I can't get the status effect to apply to the player while keeping the target of the spells damage be an enemy. Is this possible?

As a general rule, a skill can't have 2 targets (unless it's a class of things like all friends, all enemies, etc.).

Murphius 08-19-2014 07:32 PM

That's too bad, I liked the idea of the spell making the next melee attack better.