Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Demon War (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   "Slowest pace"? (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5060)

Neofit 06-18-2012 06:19 AM

"Slowest pace"?
 
I have played DC a bit, but as I complained in this thread I got bored rather quickly by the constant need to rush back to the surface, and being too late most of the time. Does the expansion have anything in this regard, like the "slowest pace option" that Shadow mentioned in the last post of that thread? Some kind of option that would allow one to quietly explore every nook and cranny instead of constantly rushing somewhere, be it the quest location or the surface. I do not care what anyone thinks about how a game should be played. In my mind, a dungeon with loot means total exploration, and I am too old to change.

Castruccio 06-18-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neofit (Post 31489)
I have played DC a bit, but as I complained in this thread I got bored rather quickly by the constant need to rush back to the surface, and being too late most of the time. Does the expansion have anything in this regard, like the "slowest pace option" that Shadow mentioned in the last post of that thread? Some kind of option that would allow one to quietly explore every nook and cranny instead of constantly rushing somewhere, be it the quest location or the surface. I do not care what anyone thinks about how a game should be played. In my mind, a dungeon with loot means total exploration, and I am too old to change.

Yes. There is a "very slow pace" option that slows down the world significantly. There is also a "slow NPC" option so that they make demands less frequently.

Amberjoy 06-18-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castruccio (Post 31492)
Yes. There is a "very slow pace" option that slows down the world significantly. There is also a "slow NPC" option so that they make demands less frequently.

bluddy might have a mod for that. One that will work in the main game so you don't have to deal with demons and other bad stuff. I think I have it on my computer but haven't played in a while.

Shadow 06-18-2012 04:37 PM

There is also a low stress option that removes some types of quests like town attacks.

undertaking 08-01-2012 08:27 AM

Why would someone want to make it more slower paced? I personally like to wait for the unexpected and be on the run all the time.

Amberjoy 08-01-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaking (Post 34535)
Why would someone want to make it more slower paced? I personally like to wait for the unexpected and be on the run all the time.

Because some people have carpal tunnel syndrome and are older with less quick reflex's & minds, or high blood pressure. :rolleyes: :)

Moonshine Fox 08-29-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberjoy (Post 34560)
Because some people have carpal tunnel syndrome and are older with less quick reflex's & minds, or high blood pressure. :rolleyes: :)

Or like me: Everything of the above.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.