Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drox Operative modding (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   MOD: Crew Points Per Level (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24787)

joku 02-24-2013 09:01 AM

MOD: Crew Points Per Level
 
1 Attachment(s)
This mod increases the number of crew points gained per level from 5 to 8. It can easily be edited to change the number of crew points you gain per level to whatever you'd like.

Code:

ModCrewPointsPerLevel overrides GameSystem
{
        AttributePointsPerLevel                8        //Default 5       
}

To use, simply download the attached .zip file to your assets folder.

Siveria 02-24-2013 09:13 AM

Yeah I agree that 5 is a little bit too little per level, when even around level 45 some gear starts needing 90+ No way you'd be able to get that without horribly gimping yourself somewhere. heh.

I kinda wish command wasn't a stat and just every 5 levels or so you can upgrade your ship. Its actually my highest stat at 45 with 71 in it. Would be nice if command actually did something other than a better ship, like maybe every point is 0.1-0.2% bonus to everything or something. so i'd have like 7.1-14.2% more energy regen, shield, structure, damage etc etc. I hate putting points into command because I feel they are sort-of wasted. On a side note I found this really sweet crew member that gives 8-12 to all 4 stats.

joku 02-24-2013 11:00 AM

I took a quick look, and I think what you'd want would have to be hardcoded. The best someone would be able to do is modify each hull so you get an additional upgrade for each new ship you unlock. And even then, I don't know if you'd be able to modify any stats that aren't currently listed under each hull (e.g. weight, structure, defense). In fact I just tried adding attack with no effect.

Tyrax Lightning 02-24-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siveria (Post 56611)
Yeah I agree that 5 is a little bit too little per level, when even around level 45 some gear starts needing 90+ No way you'd be able to get that without horribly gimping yourself somewhere. heh.

I kinda wish command wasn't a stat and just every 5 levels or so you can upgrade your ship. Its actually my highest stat at 45 with 71 in it. Would be nice if command actually did something other than a better ship, like maybe every point is 0.1-0.2% bonus to everything or something. so i'd have like 7.1-14.2% more energy regen, shield, structure, damage etc etc. I hate putting points into command because I feel they are sort-of wasted. On a side note I found this really sweet crew member that gives 8-12 to all 4 stats.

Agreed. I've suggested a Mod to keep what strength of Command Power & Ship Bonuses/Weight that entails, but let ya freely choose the Ship Model ya get to use outta the ones that are unlocked. :D Dunno if this can even be done though...

For the Topic: If ya Install this Mod for a Ship that's not lvl 1, will ya get the extra Crew Points per level up only for Level Ups ya can still get? My Ship is lvl 68 as of the time of this Post...

Edit: Oh, & if ya DL & Install any Mod for this game, do people ya Multiplayer with have to have the same Mod Installed to Multiplayer with ya?

joku 02-24-2013 11:38 AM

It does not work retroactively. It will only work with your next level up.

To correct this for your current ships, you could calculate how many crew points you've missed out on (for level 68 that would come to 204), use that number (+8) in this mod, then on your next level you'll get all the crew points you would have had you been using this mod from the start. Then simply change the mod back to 8. before your next level up.

And I don't know about multiplayer at all.

Excalibur Bane 02-24-2013 02:33 PM

Keep the mods coming man!

How about one for XP?

Maybe 10-15% more XP?

Tyrax Lightning 02-25-2013 01:54 PM

I've put this Mod to use & done the thing to get me the 3 extra points from prior level ups so it's now as if I had been getting 8 Crew Points per Level Up the whole game... I LOVE IT!!! The game actually feels balanced now, I can actually build a proper Ship, yet I don't feel OP!!! ♥

8 Crew Points per Level should become Vanilla! 5 really is too few to work with, 10+ would be OP from what i'm seeing in my Game, but 8 is just right! :D

With 8 points per Level Up, ya can have proper Command & other Stats at the same time! I'm gonna try out going up to the Medium Titan, then put the rest of my Points elsewhere, & see how it goes! ^_^

♥Drakk Titan♥

Many thanks for this Mod!!! :)

Siveria 02-25-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning (Post 56765)
I've put this Mod to use & done the thing to get me the 3 extra points from prior level ups so it's now as if I had been getting 8 Crew Points per Level Up the whole game... I LOVE IT!!! The game actually feels balanced now, I can actually build a proper Ship, yet I don't feel OP!!! ♥

8 Crew Points per Level should become Vanilla! 5 really is too few to work with, 10+ would be OP from what i'm seeing in my Game, but 8 is just right! :D

With 8 points per Level Up, ya can have proper Command & other Stats at the same time! I'm gonna try out going up to the Medium Titan, then put the rest of my Points elsewhere, & see how it goes! ^_^

♥Drakk Titan♥

Many thanks for this Mod!!! :)

Oh really? Hmm I might have to do this on my lv 54 ship, because I am running into issues not being able to equip anything my level because I just do not have the stats.

Tyrax Lightning 02-26-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siveria (Post 56768)
Oh really? Hmm I might have to do this on my lv 54 ship, because I am running into issues not being able to equip anything my level because I just do not have the stats.

Update: I'm about lvl 75ish now, & have max Base Tactical, the Medium Titan, some Helm & Some Engineering, & am now working on raising Structure from it's prior FIVE to Base 50, then I'm pondering on how many of the remaining Level Up Points to do in Engineering, & how many to do in Helm. :)

I LOVE my Med Titan... I'm neglecting Computers completely & my Weapon Loadout, is currently a Fighter Bay giving me Lvl 100 Advanced Drones, a Pulsar Generator, Bombs, & a Hellfire... I actually feel like a proper Ship now, vs before with 5 Crew Points per level when I felt gimp & was wondering how I was supposed to feel like a Drox Operative, instead of some schmoe trying to make ends meet in Space, Firefly Style. :D I LOVE being a Drox Operative... ♥

Excalibur Bane 02-26-2013 04:54 PM

I did it retroactively and I still feel pretty gimy. I'm only Level 37 tho. I can't seem to get any new weapons anywhere. :(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.