Soldak Entertainment Forums

Soldak Entertainment Forums (http://www.soldak.com/forums/index.php)
-   Invasion of the Ancients (http://www.soldak.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [Cosmetics] Strange item (Sensor Overload) (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28874)

Tuidjy 07-10-2013 06:23 PM

[Cosmetics] Strange item (Sensor Overload)

I found a "Budget Sensor Overload III" component of "EM Weapon" type. It has a retail price of zero, and the description states that it loses damage over distance... but it actually does no damage at all, and it applies a constant debuff anywhere in its range.

So it's a somewhat useful item with price zero, and a somewhat misleading description.

Tyrax Lightning 07-10-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuidjy (Post 62305)
I found a "Budget Sensor Overload III" component of "EM Weapon" type. It has a retail price of zero, and the description states that it loses damage over distance... but it actually does no damage at all, and it applies a constant debuff anywhere in its range.

So it's a somewhat useful item with price zero, and a somewhat misleading description.

Oh yeah, I used one of those on my Fringe before my mental meltdown cost my Fringe Character his life... that thing is kick butt. :D

I agree that it's Description does seem to be a bit in error... maybe it used to do a smidgen of damage before that part of the way the Component works got nixed before Game Release... or maybe it's a bug for the Component to not do a smidgen of damage... either way, if I remember right, a 150 Tactical needing one of those AoE Debuffs Attack by 2,000... very freaking potentially useful... :) (If ya can find the room for it in your Component Setup...)

Tuidjy 07-11-2013 09:40 PM

I see a pattern here. Weapons that do not inflict damage get a retail value of zero, even if they have very useful debuffs (freezer weapons, sensor overloads, etc...)

This probably should be changed.

Shadow 07-12-2013 09:50 AM

The sensor overload problems will be fixed in 1.015.

Tuidjy 07-15-2013 01:16 PM

Another item that seems to have the wrong price. It can accept chips, to boot.

Tuidjy 07-15-2013 02:06 PM

Sorry, double post.

Tyrax Lightning 07-16-2013 01:12 AM

I don't think that's a bug... Thrust Active Boost Components really seriously are completely utterly worthless. Why would any Vendor ever wanna fork over useful cash for a useless component like that. :p

Valgor 07-16-2013 04:19 AM

Wow, there's a goddamn party in your cargo hold!

Tuidjy 07-16-2013 08:44 AM

Wow, there's a goddamn party in your cargo hold!

Most of my captains only train in Command and Tactics, so they always keep a number of engineers, mechanics, and programers to help them install components. And frankly, 'cargo hold' hardly does their quarters justice. That same ship also caries holo decks, advanced game systems, food processors, and neural interfaces...

It's a non-stop virtual orgy for those off watch.