View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki View Post
Melee chars rarely require more than 1 hit for a normal monster 5 or 10 levels higher than my own
I'm assuming you are twinking your chars with better equipment ? Because I am playing at even levels due to HC and I don't one-hit every normal monster. Probably 50% one-hits or so ?
Quote:
but its the same way for the monsters: 3 crits or a trap and a few normal hits and my char dies.
3 crits from a monster 5-10 levels killing you is bad why ?

Anyway, I agree with the general sentiment that melee chars have a really tough time surviving, but that's mostly due to elites and bosses in my experience. Case in point: Yesterday at lvl 42 I had to face a same lvl Defender boss with no scary modifiers. Before he died he hit me for 721 damage + 5 secs of 288 dam/sec deep wounds. That's 2,2k damage over 5 secs at lvl 42 where I had around 1100 hit points ( with a Vit potion). I got lucky in that I managed to pause and could look at why I was draining hps so fast even after throwing in a pot. Had 222 hps left with 3 secs deep wounds to go and couldn't use another pot for a few seconds more. That damage is just insane and usually I would have been simply dead and wondered wtf hit me ( thanks to pause abandoned the town). Oh well, just anecdotal evidence