View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 12:39 AM
Amateur

Default Attempting minor modding, planet visibility

Im looking at creating a somewhat simple mod with the intent to make planets and gates always visible on, ideally the system map.

My initial attempt here was to look at stars. As far as I can tell, the game will always show stars, including black holes, in the system map. This is great, I dont have to find them. Unfortunately, I cant actually figure out *why* stars are always visible, from looking at the StarTypes or the StarArchetypes files.

They are marked "StoreInWorldMap 1" which I assume is relating to them always being shown once found, but planets also have that value. They have a light intensity, but adding the same light intensity to planets does not appear to make them visible.

I found another option, potentially adding the alwaysvisibleonradar stat to planets... Now, this is where it got a bit odd. This works in drox 1, well, almost. It shows things on the minimap, which is almost good enough. Why doesnt this work in drox 2? not sure?

Its possible I am messing up my mod format, but based on the examples it seems accurate. (tldr, mod.zip with folders Database/Monsters/mod_planetarchtypes.gdb, containing the lines NewBasePlanetArchetype overrides BasePlanetArchetype and some stuff?) I have no clue if this sort of modding is even working yet either.

I noticed that in an earlier set of patch notes (.801), a change was made to make planets and gates more visible on radar. I do not feel this worked, and I cannot find anything in the files that suggests this was done so I can make it more pronounced.

Anyway, tldr - Are modding tools currently working in drox 2? If not, not a huge deal, I am just working with assumptions due to the structure looking very similar to drox 1.