View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:30 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBlackangel View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you to some extent based on a couple of caveats. The first question that comes to mind is: How many people do you play with? Or do you play co-op at all?

This comes to mind because dodging an incoming attack in an ARPG such as this is all well and good when it's just you on the screen. When it's you and 3 other guys you can simply forget about it. Character view to fog-of-war ratio simply isn't vast enough and the tile-set simply isn't big enough for that sort of dancing, especially when toons have collision detection as they do in Din's Curse. I'm sure anyone who's playing co-op with others will see the logic in this.

A more elegant answer would be to make all projectiles conform to the same velocity standard with an overall speed-scaling factor that's variable based on a configuration setting. I think that would please both ends of the spectrum. Now I know there are some settings for projectile speed that are changeable via modding, but I don't know if there is anything more global. Perhaps Shadow can chime in here and educate us a little bit on how the game handles monster projectiles in general...
I don't play much single player. I play with one or two usually.
Sometimes there isn't a great deal of a space, but you have potions, food and skills to mitigate in these circumstance, or draw opponents into a different area if you must.
I rarely get hit by projectiles simply by moving around, even in coop. All those years of Diablo 2 finally paid off, I swear