Thread: DoP Balance Mod
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Champion

- Increase food drop chance
- Increase potion drop chance

I think the money drop rate is messed up. I'm always running out of cash. You barely have time to destroy fire towers before half the village is dead, plus the plague, the prices going up, and the NPCs take forever to respawn.

On the other hand dropping potions and food would take the focus away from the village vendors. Which in turn would make protecting the town less of a gameplay mechanic.

* Instead I'd like to see the money drop at a reasonable rate in a future update. It should be about 120 to 150% to what it is now.

* Reducing the respawn intervals on NPCs.

* Reducing the death penatly. Yesterday I played all evening (at least 3 hours) and made level 33 to level 34, ridiculous. Eventually I had to resort to the Escape > Save and Exit strategy just like hardcore Diablo 2.

* Random auras on bosses need to be toned down. +30% Life Leech + Major Regeneration... OK. +100% Damage Retaliation (thorns)... just silly. This game is not meant to be like Super Meat Boy and those insta-death platformers.

The difficulty is way off the chart, because of the very bland and uninteresting Uniques, and the rate at which random quests spawn means you can never keep up.

And obviosuly if I post about it when it's dead and no one's reading means it's also a really good game

Last edited by fab : 05-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.