Thread: A Few Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Gee, thanks! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Bluddy
Legend

Here's the mod I made. Drop this in your Din's Curse/Expansion/DemonWar/Assets directory.

The mod still allows starvation, but it should (in theory) only happen when there's some event that causes it. I changed NPCs to eat at 1/2 the rate they did before, and no NPCs will start out poor. Let me know if this is a good enough change, or if too many NPCs still starve.
Bluddy, Just thought I'd give you an update on this. I finally figured out that when you 'talk' to the npc's mod does give them $ BUT it doesn't 'stick' and you get no reward (+reputation) for being nice. Sometimes if the amount is very large (random) some of it does stay in their pocket so to speak. So I still have to 'donate' on reaching a town. I've now got tot he point of putting stuff in the 'share' box for 1st level to sell and have cash on hand. After that I just run around the town giving everyone money and then go see what quests are needed. And, some towns have a lot of npc's with no cash at all when you first arrive.

Just thought I'd let you know.