Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Kivi's Underworld > Kivi's Underworld modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Amateur

Lightbulb Anxious to get started with modding, but...

Been a while since I played a Soldak game, but Kivi's Underworld is definitely pulling me in so far. Been looking through the assets for a while (which are pleasantly similar to DoP's, so I don't feel too lost) but can't find where to put my custom classes / adventures yet.

I did come across:

Code:
// Other unlocks

/* UnlockUserCreatedAdventures
{
	Base		BaseUnlock

AdventuresWon	0 // 10

UnlockName	UserCreatedAdventures
	UnlockDesc	UserCreatedAdventuresUnlockDesc
}

UnlockUserCreatedClasses
{
	Base		BaseUnlock

AdventuresWon	15

UnlockName	UserCreatedClasses
	UnlockDesc	UserCreatedClassesUnlockDesc
} */
Which only makes me more confused really, is there an editor built in that you can unlock and am I just not patient enough?

Thanks in advance for any help you can supply,

Douweeh.

EDIT: I just realized I put this in the wrong place, it should have been in the modding forum of course. If a moderator would be so kind to toss it over to the other forum I'd appreciate it. Sorry.

EDIT2: I really am sorry, just found the SDK which has examples detailing quite well what I'm looking for... guess I'll get to experimenting.

EDIT3: It's alive! I am working on my Zombie class and it actually worked on my first try! I feel like a doctor Frankenstein by now, forums seem to be just as fast as two years ago though, which is a shame.

Last edited by Douweeh : 03-15-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douweeh View Post
EDIT2: I really am sorry, just found the SDK which has examples detailing quite well what I'm looking for... guess I'll get to experimenting.
Oh, good I did explain that in the SDK. You mostly just set them up like the classes/adventures in the game except don't mark them as official. They will show up in the game in the drop down list on the choose character or choose adventure screens.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Amateur

Figured I'd post what I have, in case someone else stumbles upon this forum and wants to have a go with my zombie.

It's far from perfect, but it's proof-of-concept that monster sprites aren't that hard to adapt as custom characters I suppose.

In all honesty I had high hopes for Kivi's Underworld, as the modding seemed a lot easier and open-ended than DoP's, but I just don't like the core game as much and it's hard to find the motivation to make extensive modifications.

I do still think it's great how open you have your games for customization and will definitely keep an eye on Din's Curse when it comes out.

Douweeh.

EDIT: Looks like I don't have to wait very long for Din's Curse... heh. *downloads the demo*
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZombieClass.zip (1.1 KB, 1 views)