Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
I know that this isnt the right forum, but how is the expansion coming along? I can't wait until it starts getting to the point where there are major updates
Last I heard, Shadow was busy working away on the expansion. He was several levels deep inside the game engine when he got a frantic alarm that Vile Torch the Black was attacking his office where all his staff works. Well, by the time Shadow made it back to his office all his staff had been eliminated So, I guess he will have to go to a new office and recruit more staff. Go and collect 7 imp testicles, Shadow, to get a new artist, etc
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
Last I heard, Shadow was busy working away on the expansion. He was several levels deep inside the game engine when he got a frantic alarm that Vile Torch the Black was attacking his office where all his staff works. Well, by the time Shadow made it back to his office all his staff had been eliminated So, I guess he will have to go to a new office and recruit more staff. Go and collect 7 imp testicles, Shadow, to get a new artist, etc

I've actually made some decent progress this week on the expansion. A few things that have been added this week:
Prima Donna, Only Hope, and Hunger advanced character modes
Poor Town, On The Brink, Aggressive World, and Demanding Town world modifiers
a new beastmaster wandering vendor
Those that follow my twitter account know about most of this already.
Patreon
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Elite

I was reading your Twitter posts earlier and it got me thinking a bit about world modifiers again, and I thought of two possibilities...

One was Temporal Flux, where all Damage Over Time effects and other abilities with a limited duration (like Fire Elemental) have a random change in their total duration, say -40% to +40% for each use. Not sure how feasible this is, but it could be fun. If possible, you could even make projectiles move at different speeds each time they're fired/cast

The other was Titanic/Gigantism, where monsters would have a much higher chance of spawning with the Giant modifier. Which of course got me to thinking about how much more difficult that could be, which further led to this thought: maybe Giants in general should have a lowered chance to hit and possibly lowered speed/attack speed. You're a much smaller target when your enemy is a giant instead of standard size, and therefore harder to hit. As it is, those guys can kill in one hit.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Legend

hahaha, thats pretty friggin funny.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
Wow. I haven't been by to check the thread recently, but damn that's funny, Max.

@Shadow: Though I haven't had a chance to check it out in play testing, thanks for adjusting the spawn rates for elves in the latest update.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Expert

YO!

I really like this game, my one big issue is with changing bags. What I would like to be able to do (and perhaps there is a way and I just don't know it) is to be able to hover a big bag that's over a smaller bag (whether it's a bag that makes up my inventory or a bag that makes up my stash) and if I hold Alt while clicking, the big bag will change positions with the smaller bag, and everything that was in the smaller bag is now in the big bag (I hope that made sense).

As it is now, I have to manually move all of the stuff out of the smaller bag somewhere, them move the bag out of the inventory slot, then put the bigger bag there. There have been times where I've actually stopped playing the game (even though I was in the mood to play it and had time) simply because my smaller-bags-full-of-stuff to larger-empty-bag ratio had reached critical mass, and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Am I the laziest person ever? Unquestionably. But there has to be an easier way.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Legend

Oh god, the dreaded bag of holding, when will it end?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasisbhrnw View Post
YO!

I really like this game, my one big issue is with changing bags. What I would like to be able to do (and perhaps there is a way and I just don't know it) is to be able to hover a big bag that's over a smaller bag (whether it's a bag that makes up my inventory or a bag that makes up my stash) and if I hold Alt while clicking, the big bag will change positions with the smaller bag, and everything that was in the smaller bag is now in the big bag (I hope that made sense).

As it is now, I have to manually move all of the stuff out of the smaller bag somewhere, them move the bag out of the inventory slot, then put the bigger bag there. There have been times where I've actually stopped playing the game (even though I was in the mood to play it and had time) simply because my smaller-bags-full-of-stuff to larger-empty-bag ratio had reached critical mass, and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Am I the laziest person ever? Unquestionably. But there has to be an easier way.
I tend to hang on to the big bag until I make it back to town and sell everything off. Less stuff to move. Which doesn't help with the stash, of course. As far as I know, there's not another way to do it.

Last edited by Roswitha : 11-12-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

I even have some of the team pushing for a bag change like this. I'll see if I can do something about it.
Patreon
Old 11-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Expert

The top 4 slots of a gambler's inventory will re-roll every time you save and exit then re-renter the game. Thanks to the resume button, this doesn't take very long. How about a show more inventory button that re-rolls those top four slots? Perhaps there could be special gamblers whose show more inventory button would re-roll their entire inventory

Either way, I'm a lazy gambler.