Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Amateur

Default Recruits have insane stats/damage

No matter how good my gear, recruits of the same level as my character always have better stats and DPS, despite having similar attack/defense ratings. For example, my Rogue is using a 14.4 DPS dagger, and my rogue recruit is using an 8.1 DPS dagger. The recruit has a DPS of 42, and I have a DPS of 21.3.

I feel like some of this is coming from the unbalanced stats. The recruit has a strength of 41 to my 22, and a dex of 65 to my 59. My recruit has no stealth skill and I've verified the DPS is constant throughout a long battle.

Not sure what else is factoring in, as I have encountered similar problems with the other classes as well. When recruits can do x2 as much damage as you, it really takes the fun out of the game a bit. Thanks for looking into it!
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Legend

i said the same thing when i first played but this is why they do-

recruits only have 3 slots-armor, a shield and a weapon. While you get many more to boost yourself. Although i find this annoying as well, recruits have a hidden boost to their stats and damage to make up for that. Its kind of annoying because you could be going against a standard recruit in another covenant (1 on 1) and have better equipment, but still lose horribly to them. This has annoyed me quite a bit about dop, but it doesnt always mean you will lose. if you set yourself up great then you can take on one or 2 guys. Just dont expect to do that all the time. Hopefully in a future patch or w/e this can be made to be more fair. As it stands now, monsters are too tough and recruits are as well. Needs some tweaking imho.

"Sometimes in a chaotic world its useful to bring a little craziness with you."-Personal Quote

Narrator-"With the government shutdown, its time to turn to one man to fix the situation....He is known only as Srathen Ames.

Ames-Just cause Im stronger than Sarevok doesn't mean I care about anyone"

-Pointless Bickering between fools and retired warriors
Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Amateur

Eh, just doesn't "feel" quite right I guess. Maybe later in the game it balances out a bit better. For now, I am definately a lot weaker than any similarly-leveled recruit.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Legend

Whatever happens and now matter how good your gear, no one can beat a stealth rogue recruits dps and damage. Other than that, you can get up to any other one's damage with the right gear. And dont forget this, you have all skills while the computer only has 4. An advantage in your favor.

"Sometimes in a chaotic world its useful to bring a little craziness with you."-Personal Quote

Narrator-"With the government shutdown, its time to turn to one man to fix the situation....He is known only as Srathen Ames.

Ames-Just cause Im stronger than Sarevok doesn't mean I care about anyone"

-Pointless Bickering between fools and retired warriors
Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 AM
Amateur

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Whatever happens and now matter how good your gear, no one can beat a stealth rogue recruits dps and damage. Other than that, you can get up to any other one's damage with the right gear. And dont forget this, you have all skills while the computer only has 4. An advantage in your favor.
Not exactly, I got an mace with like, 42 DPs, and an attack of 774, (Due an epic boost of armor) Same-level covenant? I can handle 4 alone!

I suspect you can overpower the recruits, But simple? No. That's the game

EDIT: I changed the classes to make me overpowered, For an mod test. Result: I get one hit KOd by an level 1 covenant leader. I deleted the classes.gdb but nothing changed. Mobs are easy to kill. Draaien on Legendary KOd in like 10 hits with me losing barely any health.

Last edited by Draganoth : 08-18-2011 at 10:29 AM.