Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Amateur

Unhappy Help, mistakenly downloaded patch, now game crashes!

Help!!!

I mistakenly downloaded the newest patch, not realizing that this was one of the games I'd purchased from Reflexive... now the game won't start, says I downloaded the wrong patch (obviously)... I have no way to redownload the game, since reflexive no longer exists, and no idea how to get rid of the patch so I can play the game... *sigh*

would be willing to buy a new version of Depths of Peril from you here at the source, but haven't the money at this time --- am saving to buy Din's curse and Demon Wars... (and that will take months --- was hoping to play Depths of Peril in the meantime...)

any hope for me???

Thanks,
Troye McWilliams
Old 04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

We should be able to fix this. First, go to the directory where the game is installed and delete DepthsOfPeril.RWG. Then go into the Users directory. You should have a build.cfg and a buildAlt.cfg. If so, delete build.cfg and rename buildAlt.cfg to build.cfg.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Amateur

Talking

It worked!!! and, according to the "version number" at the bottom of the screen, it's the updated version as well... oh, thank you very much!!! now I have even more reason to buy Din's Curse/Demon War from you --- not only have you made wonderful games, you're wonderfully helpful as well... (btw, I have Kivi's Underworld as well, and love it too...)

Thanks again,
Troye McWilliams
Old 04-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Amateur

Question

2nd reply -

hmmm... now I have an odd bug... whenever I die (too often, *sigh*) or when I open a "treasure map" - the "buried treasure" or my soulstone show up (inaccessable) on EVERY region map... (I CAN access the treasure, or my soulstone on the appropriate region map, however...) Not a really big problem, except that the notification gets in the way of my fighting sometimes... (Note: I do have the ALT key toggled on, if I turn it off, it hides the notification, but when I turn it back on - so I can pick up the treasure drops, it's back in the way...)
Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyeMcW View Post
hmmm... now I have an odd bug... whenever I die (too often, *sigh*) or when I open a "treasure map" - the "buried treasure" or my soulstone show up (inaccessable) on EVERY region map...
Yeah, I know about that one. It's on my list of things to fix, assuming we do another Depths of Peril patch.