Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Amateur

Default Class build question

First of all I wanted to say that this is a great game,never enjoyed a hack & slash/rpg game since a long time,even better than the old Diablo 2.The multiplayer it's great. I would like to see getting newer updates and stuff,even if it's an indie game,it possess a lot of potential.

Now,my question is about the class build. I have made a warrior,with it's 3 subclasses Weaponmaster,Gladiator and Defender. I planned to do a tank character,with high hp and defense,focusing more on the defender side but the other two have sweet skills also,weaponmaster has all the masteries,whirlwind...gladiator attack,defense buffs etc.
I was confused in how can I build my class properly,focusing more in 1 or 2 subclasses or being a a jack of all trades build?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgor View Post
First of all I wanted to say that this is a great game,never enjoyed a hack & slash/rpg game since a long time,even better than the old Diablo 2.The multiplayer it's great. I would like to see getting newer updates and stuff,even if it's an indie game,it possess a lot of potential.

Now,my question is about the class build. I have made a warrior,with it's 3 subclasses Weaponmaster,Gladiator and Defender. I planned to do a tank character,with high hp and defense,focusing more on the defender side but the other two have sweet skills also,weaponmaster has all the masteries,whirlwind...gladiator attack,defense buffs etc.
I was confused in how can I build my class properly,focusing more in 1 or 2 subclasses or being a a jack of all trades build?
There's a site that has Hybrid Character suggestions here:

http://www.stephenhornback.com/id93.html

This comes from actual player's recommendations. It might help you.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Amateur

The beauty of the game is you can be as varied or specialized as you want as there are plenty of skill points awarded and levels are quick. Just having a shield and 5 points in block, parry and shield defense makes my necro/defender easily handle the same swarm my weapons/weapons guy might die in if he whirldwinds but he'd kill the area about 5X faster if he lives. Safety vs kill speed is what I find the difference between focusing on a few things heavily and eventually investing a stupid number of skill points for one point up rather than going for 8 points in a new skill instantly, especially if you have 3 trees to choose from.