Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Expert

Default Future Development on DoP?

I know all work is being put into new Drox game. Wouldn't it be awesome if later in future there is a nice new expansion/dlc for depths of peril?

Depths of peril is still an awesome game. I find myself switching back and forth between Din's curse and Depths of Peril when i get bored of one or other. Both have their unique and great qualities. However DoP is lacking compared to Din's curse in terms of amount of quests, features, and polish that DC has. mainly due to expansion pack and many patches.

I propose a serious thought about returning to DoP after work on Drox has cooled down, making a nice content update similar to Demon War for Din's curse. I would pay for that expansion in an instant!! whether or not it was released through steam and as long as it is compatible with steam and other versions.

It wouldn't take as much work as developing a whole new game right? And imagine could make money both from old owners of DoP returning to buy expansion as well as people who been playing DC but haven't tried DoP who may pick both up if an expansion comes out.

Some ideas of what i would like to possibly see:
1. More classes
2. varied world maps, more randomness but keep same square plot layout to keep things simple.
3. varied factions with more random qualities/personalities etc.
4. UI/Graphic updates/polishing which would greatly encourage old players to come back and upgrade
5. for recruits i would like to also see a bit more control over skills recruits have. Maybe still keep 2 random skills they start with but let us pick 2-3 skills manually that we would like them to use. and to keep things simple also allow us to assign points as they level up in those skills? To keep it from getting too easy don't allow refunds on recruit skill points unlike the player. you screw up then you have to work on getting a new recruit :P
6. possibly few more equipment slots for recruits for more customization. like helm slot, boots, something like that.

Last edited by Zengrath : 04-01-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Elite

One thing I love about Depths of Peril is how pretty it was outside. I miss the bright colors! I really enjoy Drox, but space is dark!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Champion

Talking

I'm still playing DoP.

Being more of a user interface kinda guy my biggest pet peeve with the game is that the UI (fonts especially) scale really badly. If this alone was improved, perhaps by using something like the Flash engine that's used in Skyrim ("Scaleform", no idea how costly the license is...) then it would automatically gain +200% looks +50% adoration and +300% awesomeness.

Skyrim's Flash-based UI is so sharp at 2560x1440 it's the best I've seen yet. Since I play on a 27 inch iMac, there are lots of games, especially older ones that don't scale the UI well, or have very tiny fonts (scaling in-game windows but not the contents).

Anyway, DoP deserves an update
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Amateur

I would absolutely LOVE if DoP was updated and had Multiplayer. I understand the difficulty of putting Multiplayer into DoP, however I'm sure that most (if not all) Soldak customers would Buy this in a heartbeat.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Elite

Next time you make a patch for DoP, can you add the clock?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Next time you make a patch for DoP, can you add the clock?
Off hand I don't remember what that entails exactly, but it's probably fairly easy.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Amateur

Would really like to see a content update for this game - even if it was just extending the quantity of quests into the higher level.

Just got my first level 75 character and its still fun.

# of quests seems reduced.
Balance is tough - its either a cakewalk (warrior/armor) or really tough (warrior/resistances)
Other factions fall off the face too quickly at high levels - become a cakewalk if start at same level or even 5 above.

Targeting with mage is tough - would be nice to have a hold your ground button to sling spells without moving to target (hoping thats just something I missed)
Old 08-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutetrea View Post
Targeting with mage is tough - would be nice to have a hold your ground button to sling spells without moving to target (hoping thats just something I missed)
You can use right click to select and then the hotkey of your spell and you shouldn't ever move.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Amateur

Hmm, I'll try that thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Amateur

Just wanted to say DOP is such a wonderful game. My favorite game, ever. It would be really great to see some new content or a DOP2. Traffic through this forum isn't huge but I think there are a lot of fans out there willing financially support Depths of Peril development.