Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Amateur

Default Fear

Someone mentioned this before, but I don't know where. There are unusual numbers of monsters experiencing fear, including boss monsters. There are no Targs or Chaos Lords at all. Don't tell me they fear the player? It's got to a point where it's really annoying. They don't fight back at all!

Another thing is, boss/scout Scarabus aren't worth the time. All I have to do is rile them up a bit and they burst on their own. Shadow, isn't it possible to make it so boss Scarabus don't burst? That way it wouldn't feel like taking candy from a baby, so to speak.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Legend

Yeah there are many monsters that need morale buffs when they become bosses (e.g. imps) so that they don't run away. All pets also need morale buffs. Additionally some mobs aren't suited to be bosses. The Scarabus, which you mentioned, should have its suicide ability tied to its morale rather than firing off randomly as it does now. If you give it a morale boost and make the boss's explosion much bigger, it'd actually be a decent and pretty cool boss. It could actually serve as an excellent and very dangerous scout with a very big morale boost: if it gets close to the critical NPCs, you're screwed.

But there are still bosses such as orc shamans who just stand there, slowly firing poison at you and generally being ineffective.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Amateur

Bluddy, it isn't just orc shamans. ALL the shamans are ineffective. They just stand there, and for a caster they are easy prey. I just have to dodge their shots and they slowly die. They should not be bosses if they are so easily killed.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnGirl View Post
Bluddy, it isn't just orc shamans. ALL the shamans are ineffective. They just stand there, and for a caster they are easy prey. I just have to dodge their shots and they slowly die. They should not be bosses if they are so easily killed.
I think the main problem is not that they stand, though I admit it looks strange: They stand because you're within their range. As a caster, you'd be able to hit melee bosses just as easily. The difference is that dodging their attacks is too easy. Shamans were designed as support characters. As bosses, their projectiles should be much faster and stronger.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Amateur

All ranged attack boss is to weak (except goblin flametrower) i do hate they attacking with trow fire. Still, you can kill scarabus easily if many spider web block it way to attack yourself it color on his body sometime cool to