Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

What might be happening is when they spawn a spider web, instead of getting 1 you get a clump of them. If this is the case, then the culprit is the SpawnAdditional lines in the spider web definitions.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Expert

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
What might be happening is when they spawn a spider web, instead of getting 1 you get a clump of them. If this is the case, then the culprit is the SpawnAdditional lines in the spider web definitions.
I thought the area spider web was to make the spiders a different challenge in the game. Perhaps it can still exist for the high level dungeons(50+) if it's not working as expected.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Amateur

Quote:
then what to need to do to make the spiders spawning webs less often ? where is the files about that and how this work now ? i wish to make them in future time limited, spawned less and can work similar like ice, mean just slow down or stop movement and then disappear with make through the web break animations, some spells can be dont work on webs too, what u think about that ? thx
Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

You could go into chest.gdb and find all of the web entries and change the AddAdditionalChance lines to 0.0 (or just something lower) or in Monsters/skills.gdb you could change the UseCheckChance lines to something lower in the SkillSpiderLeaveWeb entries.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Champion

I do like this ability and want to keep it, but it is too strong, IMO. I faced a boss spider last night that was casting/using this spell almost constantly. I had to break off the fight as the town was being attacked, but I had minions that were still fighting it. I fought the constantly spawning webs(which seem to have something like a whole screen spawn area)out of the room, but as I turned the corner to go down the hallway the webs were re-spawning so fast that when I would destroy one another would re-spawn before I could run forward. It took like 10-15 seconds of that before I finally started back making progress.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Amateur

Quote:
You could go into chest.gdb and find all of the web entries and change the AddAdditionalChance lines to 0.0 (or just something lower) or in Monsters/skills.gdb you could change the UseCheckChance lines to something lower in the SkillSpiderLeaveWeb entries.
AddAdditionalChance work better on it, i lower it to half from 0.8 (mean 80% chance ?) to 0.4 and they dont spawn that many webs as before, thanks man.

one more task - thunderbolt of corse , why chance dont work on lightning projectile ? seems with other moving projectiles works well, how to correct this ?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't had a chance to look at the thunderbolt issue yet.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Amateur

For the webs, could it be that it has 80% chance to spawn a second web, then if it does 80% chance to spawn a third one, ...
Can go on for quite a long time with that high a chance . ^^
Old 11-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNo29 View Post
For the webs, could it be that it has 80% chance to spawn a second web, then if it does 80% chance to spawn a third one, ...
Can go on for quite a long time with that high a chance . ^^
The spawn additional is really meant for webs that are spawned as part of the dungeon spawn not from the spiders themselves. I need to fix it so the spiders just spawn one at a time.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Amateur

Eh , in my world the spider are rarely use web to block traffic, if the do that it maybe only 1-3 web at time