Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Expert

Lightbulb Mod: Balanced Command

I'm not sure this is more balanced than the default, but there was some discussion on the main game forum about the problem of Command maxing out at 460 (namely, that's 93% of your total stat points for the game). This mod resets the cap to 250 points to match all other stats. All thresholds are re-adjusted proportionately. If you want to nerd out about my mostly basic math, here's my spreadsheet:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av2yEIB98OW5dExhU2dzZTFtYnpkZEc1aERhQk13VUE&usp=sharing
Note that I only changed the Command requirements, not any of the hulls' stats. I have found that if you are not starting a new character, you need to put a point into Command before your hull is upgraded. I've only tested on lower level characters, so I'm not sure if you'll need multiple points to upgrade multiple times. For example, a ship with 100 existing Command would be about 5 hulls too low, so it's possible you'll need to spend 5 points to be fully on track.

On a strategic note, if you keep your Command stat high, you'll definitely need to invest in thrusters or be content with sub-200 thrust. This was never a problem for me previously.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ModBalancedCommand.zip (1.1 KB, 936 views)
Old 04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioonfire View Post
I'm not sure this is more balanced than the default, but there was some discussion on the main game forum about the problem of Command maxing out at 460 (namely, that's 93% of your total stat points for the game). This mod resets the cap to 250 points to match all other stats. All thresholds are re-adjusted proportionately. If you want to nerd out about my mostly basic math, here's my spreadsheet:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av2yEIB98OW5dExhU2dzZTFtYnpkZEc1aERhQk13VUE&usp=sharing
Note that I only changed the Command requirements, not any of the hulls' stats. I have found that if you are not starting a new character, you need to put a point into Command before your hull is upgraded. I've only tested on lower level characters, so I'm not sure if you'll need multiple points to upgrade multiple times. For example, a ship with 100 existing Command would be about 5 hulls too low, so it's possible you'll need to spend 5 points to be fully on track.

On a strategic note, if you keep your Command stat high, you'll definitely need to invest in thrusters or be content with sub-200 thrust. This was never a problem for me previously.
WOOT! I'm givin this a try! I might even restart my Main with this Mod to see if I can get him to the power level I envisioned for him in the first place! ^_^ (& my Utopian too because I goofed on how to allocate his Stats & can no longer meet my Goal with him. Fortunately he's only Lvl 25 as of the time of this Post, so he won't be a biggie to re-power up.)

RL's been sucking buggers for me lately & i've barely had any Drox Time... when I can get back into it, i'll see what I can do about reporting how this Mod fares! If it works out, I wonder if this should become Vanilla...? Shadow's a great person, but adding a 6th Stat to the game compared to Din's Curse, setting it's max points it can hold to 460, then giving us ZERO extra level up points to go with it seems more than a little mega borked... how the hell was ANYONE ever supposed to ever have enough power that way...? I've been researching Din's Curse & playing its Demo, & even with 5 Stats to power up instead of 6, 5 Points a Level Up even there seems too few... though I admit i'm no badass or Leet...

If it works out for my Main & my Utopian, hell, i'll wanna restart ALL of my Characters that already have Command over 250 & rebuild them to use this Mod!

Last edited by Tyrax Lightning : 04-30-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added to Post.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Elite

A bit off topic, but I have to warn you, radionfire, Din's Curse is one Hell of a lot harder than Drox Operative.

I have lost a total of 3 hardcore ships in Drox Operative, and have 8 ships levels 50-70, while generating sectors at +6 to +10.

I must have lost hundreds of Din's Curse characters, and the top ones reached levels 72, 73 and 76. I was generating towns at +2 to +4.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Elite

My Utopian, Glitch, is enjoying this Mod thus far! I'm loving it! No buggers with the Mod yet, thus far. ^_^

I haven't dared try it on any Ship with Command already over 250, yet not maxed out... I would think that would logically cause a Crash... I assume.

Edit: New info: I used the Self Destruct - Escape Pod Combo on my Lithosoid Alt & my escape pod escape succeeded, & when I respawned back at my bound Jump Gate, the Command Hull Updated as per the Mod without having added at least 1 point to Command. Looks like stuff like this gets Updated/Rechecked upon post-getting blown up Respawning.

Last edited by Tyrax Lightning : 05-08-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added to Post.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Expert

Lightbulb

Hi, it looks like you have to make one size increase for the mod to take effect. I tried it with the last 5 points on my lvl 100 Hive and it didn't work. The new ship I have now uses the new classes though.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Elite

While using this Mod, what's the exact Command Stat number to have the Medium Titan?

Edit: Oops... I had completely forgotten about the Spreadsheet Document in the OP that answers this kinda question... my apologies on the wasted time...

Last edited by Tyrax Lightning : 06-26-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Added to Post.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Amateur

Default Enemy Ships

I'm not sure if this was intentional but the increase in command also causes enemies to recieve upgrades earlier than in vanilla, this doesnt do much other than massively increase their structure early on though