Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite Trailer 2

We posted our 2nd trailer for Zombasite today over on our Zombasite movie page. Go take a look now and see what Zombasite looks like and a little bit about what the game is about.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Expert

Ok, I'm not trying to be mean, but this trailer doesn't show off any of what makes the game interesting.

All it shows is a lot of fighting and generic ARPG stuff, which are the least interesting parts of the game.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

That is very true. We've found that it is quite hard to show off our games' strengths in video trailer format. In this video we focused more on action stuff. I have some ideas of how to show out strengths in future videos though.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Expert

I guess also on the topic of marketing, do you really want to stick with the name?
I mean I know this has been commented on before, but this is probably the least appealing title for a Soldak game thus far.

Would "Ciglio's Scourge" not sit well?
Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Paul1290 View Post
I guess also on the topic of marketing, do you really want to stick with the name?
I mean I know this has been commented on before, but this is probably the least appealing title for a Soldak game thus far.

Would "Ciglio's Scourge" not sit well?
It's hard to believe that I suggested that exact name, "Ciglio's Scourge", last year. Did I post it in the forums (I don't think so), or is it just a co-incidence that you now suggest that exact name also? Just wondering.

Ha ha, found my email dated 11/18/14:

"If you haven't already definitely settled on Zombasite, I've gotten a bit more used to the Ciglio name.

Could we consider naming it Ciglio's Scourge? I just think it sounds better than any of the others. For the title screen the focus would be on the word "Scourge" (making it large) with "Ciglio's" in smaller print above Scourge. Is that a possibility?

Steve H

Steven Peeler <steven@soldak.com>
11/24/14

to me
I think we're going forward with Zombasite, but I do kind of like Ciglio's Scourge.

Last edited by PixelLord : 02-26-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:04 PM
Elite

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
It's hard to believe that I suggested that exact name, "Ciglio's Scourge", last year. Did I post it in the forums (I don't think so), or is it just a co-incidence that you now suggest that exact name also? Just wondering.
If the game were more centered on the zombie parasites, then the current name would fit -- but it's not. You're surviving in SPITE of it, not trying to cure it or such. So the "plot" is just survival->triumph, which is the same plot as Depths and Drox basically. Frankly, I think Kivi had more plot
Old 02-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post

Ha ha, found my email dated 11/18/14:

"If you haven't already definitely settled on Zombasite, I've gotten a bit more used to the Ciglio name.

Could we consider naming it Ciglio's Scourge? I just think it sounds better than any of the others. For the title screen the focus would be on the word "Scourge" (making it large) with "Ciglio's" in smaller print above Scourge. Is that a possibility?

Steve H

Steven Peeler <steven@soldak.com>
11/24/14

to me
I think we're going forward with Zombasite, but I do kind of like Ciglio's Scourge.
Oh wow.

I guess it's one of those really obvious ones, hahaha.