Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Amateur

Default Various Mods

Here are some various mods I've made, one of them based on the work of others with some changes or additions. The Weapon Balance mod is the one I made some changes to. I fixed the issue with remote mines not working and also increased the Recharge rate of 'fast charge' shields to twice the original rate just like the original mod did with regular shields. I may have made some other adjustments, but, I can't remember specifically. Original values are included in all the mods after the "//" which tells the game to ignore anything after // on that line.

In addition I included a mod to increase the Marine spawn chance when you find crew to .75 from .25.

There is also a mod that increases Engine thrust values by 50% per level from the normal per level gains. The defense value on engines remains the same although you may change it if you prefer.

There is an EM mod in which I increase the damage dealt by EM weapons significantly.

There is a mod which increases the range at which marines can board and also decreases the amount of power necessary to board significantly. I tried to find a way to allow marines to board even when the shields are up, but, I was not as of yet able to figure out a way to make that happen. My main reasoning for wanting to do that is I find it hard to hit the keys quickly enough to get my marines onto an enemy vessel after lowering their shields with an attack. It may not be possibly to change though. If anyone finds a way please let me know.

These mods definitely lower difficulty as I intended, however if that is not what you are looking for you can make changes to the files within the mod(s) to suit your purposes.

To install the mods simply copy the zip file to one of these two directories depending on whether or not you own the expansion as well.
Drox Operative\Assets
or
Drox Operative - Invasion of the Ancients Expansion\Expansions\Exp1\Assets

There are two more mods I will include in another post as you can only attach a maximum of 5 files per post. If this limit is per thread I'll make a new one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WeaponsRebalance_MYFINAL.zip (1.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: zip Dorn_Marine_spawnchance_MOD.zip (422 Bytes, 30 views)
File Type: zip Dorn_Engine_Thrust_MOD.zip (468 Bytes, 37 views)
File Type: zip Dorn_EM_Rebalance_MOD.zip (1.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: zip Dorn_Marine_Boarding_Power_Range_MOD.zip (557 Bytes, 25 views)

Last edited by DornoDiosMio : 11-27-2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added the bit about Marine shield boarding.