Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Amateur

Heres one for you.

https://i.gyazo.com/4ff9bb3b7630e925...72b5ebf664.jpg

This is what happens when you kill Silt Amorphs in a 'Challenge' affix'd zone.

Safe to say my game crashed due to FPS and lag, and the world itself became unplayable.

Last edited by ErysLance : 01-01-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Elite

Weird clan message.... Not sure what "now Annoying" meant. The guy's name didn't change. LOL -- screenshot.

This is a both game + expansion thing: The only food "type" that seems to make any difference is "quality" which is x2. my food sense is +300% -- I can't verify if I'm actually finding food 3x as often as the average schmo. If it were a multiplier on the amount of food found it would be obvious and probably more gratifying. Food types — fish, quail, etc. — seem to have 0 impact on game mechanics, so I am not sure why it bothers telling me unless these things had additional modifiers on them - beer *1, quail *2 ? lol -- but right now it's just word salad. Having played all the Soldak games, I know it's leftovers from legacy games where the type meant something. I was trying for a character and clan aimed towards logistics wins, but it's just not happening so far. Smaller clan, maybe.... but I have farmers and hunters etc. in a VERY SLOW and can't seem to keep up with consumption...even with my own "increased food sense" etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.03.42 AM.jpg (40.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Crisses : 01-01-2018 at 09:53 PM. Reason: my own word salad
Old 01-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

The "now Annoying" is a personality change for that NPC.

Food sense does change how often you find food.
Patreon
Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Elite

Sometimes I shoot my bow and it circles AROUND the target. Chests, monsters..... Keeps swirling around them. Of course, if they move they get hit. Generally point-blank range, but it's intermittent. And it happens with several arrows in a row, so they can have multiple projectiles swirling around them. Not sure if it happens with spells too, as I have the barbed arrow spell and the unmodified arrows from my bow.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Amateur

This reply is about version 1.018. Perhaps these problems are not present in new version.

Today I watched almost normal work of a personal helthstone. NPC returned to life and lost nothing, except for surname. Personal healthstone itself has not disappeared too. I'm confused. Perhaps aforementioned bug (see my previous post) occurs if the NPC is killed by zombies. But i'm not sure now.

And again about crits. Definitely, there is a modifier that makes critical strike probability much higher than indicated in stats. At the moment, the chance for critical hit for my deathknight is 43.04% (after I removed some of +csc gear), but in practice he still produces long sequences of crits much more often than he should.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerfinder View Post
Today I watched almost normal work of a personal helthstone. NPC returned to life and lost nothing, except for surname. Personal healthstone itself has not disappeared too. I'm confused. Perhaps aforementioned bug (see my previous post) occurs if the NPC is killed by zombies. But i'm not sure now.

And again about crits. Definitely, there is a modifier that makes critical strike probability much higher than indicated in stats. At the moment, the chance for critical hit for my deathknight is 43.04% (after I removed some of +csc gear), but in practice he still produces long sequences of crits much more often than he should.
I have not been able to reproduce the personal lifestone issue.

You do get extra critical hit chance if higher your attack is compared to the enemies defense. That might be what you are seeing.
Patreon
Old 01-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Amateur

Default Version 1.019 bug

Whenever I do a search for this monster group, the game crashes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20180107112317_1 -.zip (1.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Expert

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but I don't think the ambush issue has been fixed in my game... I had about five or six ambushes by orc units within one minute while exploring a dungeon. although it somehow felt buggy, I actually did enjoy the challenge it offered, forcing me to go back to town and get some of the guys to help (and die).

Also I encountered a couples of crashes; the first crashes ever since release. the first crash was when I discovered a shrine room within a dungeon and clicked on a couple of mana shrines and an altar in quick succession. the second crash was while I was just walking around in said dungeon.

I don't know if it is related, but the log.txt says:

"Safe and dependant systems initialized
Database parsed
OpenGL version - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.43
Graphics system initialized
Opened Generic Software Device
Using 256 sound sources
Sound system initialized
Input initialized
Debug system started
Done initializing
Couldn't add entity, too many entities
Forced entity purgeForced entity purgeForced entity purgeForced entity purgeCouldn't add entity, too many entities
Forced entity purgeForced entity purge"

EDIT: and another crash after defending three simultaneous town attack. Log.txt just reads:

"Safe and dependant systems initialized
Database parsed
OpenGL version - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.43
Graphics system initialized
Opened Generic Software Device
Using 256 sound sources
Sound system initialized
Input initialized
Debug system started"

Last edited by Tyakraman : 01-08-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyakraman View Post
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but I don't think the ambush issue has been fixed in my game... I had about five or six ambushes by orc units within one minute while exploring a dungeon. although it somehow felt buggy, I actually did enjoy the challenge it offered, forcing me to go back to town and get some of the guys to help (and die).
I haven't had the same ambush problem since the upgrade, but who knows: I had encountered a problem where I'd trigger an ambush which would trigger more and more ambushes on top of itself the creatures were causing cave-ins which would trigger ambushes, or the ambush ITSELF would call more ambushes I think....

I do get frequent single ambushes after the patch -- which is fine. Forcing chests and doors, etc. is supposed to trigger ambushes. But fighting an ambush to have 12 more ambushes before you've killed everyone yet is ridiculous
Old 01-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Expert

Hm. I can't ascribe it to a specific thing, but I am definitely crashing much more with the new 1.019 patch. It seems to occur randomly within dungeons, on the surface, in town, while fighting or just running around. It also seems to be time independant. Sometimes its after 30 minutes, sometimes after 5. I didn't start a new world or a new character though...

The save file is too large to be attached here (135 KB). I could mail it though...

Last edited by Tyakraman : 01-11-2018 at 03:44 PM.