Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative 2 > Drox Operative 2
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2022, 06:09 PM
Amateur

Default Game Breaking ERROR

I loved this game until one day, I opened the game to be welcomed by no graphics, instead, several white boxes with red X's. I can't find a solution anywhere to fix this and I haven't been able to play the game for months. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics card, my direct x drivers, updated to latest windows, tried fixing graphics issues through command prompt, all to no avail. Anyone come across this and fix it?

The most recent time I tried installing and playing, the first time the game loaded up with tons of white boxes with red Xs and the second time I tried loading it, it simply didn't open at all.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like the textures just aren't getting loaded for some reason. One thing you could try is open up your user.cfg file which is probably in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative2\User and change the value for r_postponeTextureUpload to 0.
Patreon
Old 02-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Amateur

Default no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
It sounds like the textures just aren't getting loaded for some reason. One thing you could try is open up your user.cfg file which is probably in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative2\User and change the value for r_postponeTextureUpload to 0.
This didnt help, unfortunately. The game loaded for two seconds with the white box-red X's then closed itself. I didn't have a "user.cfg" file though, but I found that in "default.cfg"
Old 02-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Amateur

Default Found the other folder with the user file

Still no luck with changing the correct file
Old 02-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

You could try renaming your user.cfg file to make sure there isn't anything in there causing an issue.

Some other things you can try:

There is also a startup problem when running the ATI tray tool's on-screen-display (it shows fps for any 3D application). If you have this tool turned on and the game fails to start, turn it off.

Triple buffering has been known to cause problems on some cards. If you are having graphics issues or are having startup issues, try to turn off triple buffering in your graphics driver options.

Sometimes the Evolve client can interfere with the game. If you are having problems and are running Evolve, turn Evolve off and see if things work better.
Patreon