Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I'm pretty sure GOG is against any form of DRM though.
Erm, I had to petition GOG's support to get my multiplayer key for Unreal Tournament 2004. See also

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/unreal_s...d_key_question
Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Amateur

I've had the same thing with a couple of games on GOG. Both Sacred Gold and NWN1 require keys to play multiplayer. I definitely think you could get Din's Curse on GOG - it might be worth emailing them and asking about it.

I know that GOG has a price limit of $9.99 and you feel that's a problem since the base game of DC is $20 but I think you would be so much better off if you pursued this. I know tons of people who've said they would buy Din's Curse but not at $30 for base game and expansion, but they would buy DC for $10 and then most likely get the expansion later for another $10 (most complain about it not being on Steam too). GOG has a huge userbase and you will basically get free advertising by having the game available on GOG.

I don't know your current sales numbers but I DO know that 100 sales at $20 is better than 10 sales at $30. Both in terms of you getting more money, and more people playing multiplayer (which will have an exponential growth effect, I feel).

Having the game on GOG will also REALLY help with getting the game on Steam, and then it'll be a case of 1,000 copies sold for $20, and during a sale think 10,000+ for $10.

You might have missed the perfect window of opportunity with the lead-up to Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn but if DC were sold on GOG in a few months and then Steam a few months after I think you, and the game and multiplayer community, could do VERY well out of it and I really hope you'll consider getting the game on GOG now you know they can handle games with multiplayer keys.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Champion

I just want to point out that GOG no longer has a strict $10 limit on games. You can even see on the front page under top sellers that Alan Wake is $30, and Legend of Grimrock is $15.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joku View Post
I just want to point out that GOG no longer has a strict $10 limit on games. You can even see on the front page under top sellers that Alan Wake is $30, and Legend of Grimrock is $15.
I know. That's a pretty new thing at GOG.
Patreon
Old 07-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Champion

If your into games like old time MUDs, Diablo 2, Dinīs Cures might wanna check out “Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup”. Itīs one of the more popular Roguelikes - a game thatīs been around in different forms since 1995. Personally I īm not much into Roguelikes, but DCSS is a gem
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Champion

GOG denied Arcen to enter though. Both due to thinking that $15 was too much for a game and their "unlock keys". The unlock keys are used for the benefit of the customer. Download the demo, play and if you like you can buy it, enter the key and instantly play the full game.

GOG just doesn't see it that way though This was after them listing higher priced games btw.