Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Expert

Default Menu requests / usability

Sorry, I accidentally posted this to the wrong forum. It belongs in the Din's Curse BETA section.

When creating a hybrid, can the class buttons open to the already-selected class and then Warrior/Weaponmaster if none is selected? When I click Random Hybrid, I like to look at what I should be expecting skills-wise, but then I have to navigate through the tabs to find the class that was already selected.

Likewise, can you make the character creation screen remember the last class and gender chosen? Currently it remember the name and Hybrid specialties chosen, but that's it.

Can you add a timeout (or reduce its duration if it's already present) when looking for a router? I clicked through the Multiplayer menu just to see and started a LAN game on a computer without a router or net connection. The game simply sat on a black screen until I opened the console and quit.

One thing I miss from Depths of Peril is the single-click attacking (i.e., click an enemy once and the avatar will continue attacking the enemy without extra clicks or the player having to hold down left-mouse the whole time). Can you add an option for that? I would much appreciate it.

Last edited by incognoscente : 02-05-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: misplaced thread
Old 02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Expert

The teleport into the dungeon thingy could be more straightforward. I'd say there is no need for the actual teleport button. Just teleport when you choose the level.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantonius View Post
The teleport into the dungeon thingy could be more straightforward. I'd say there is no need for the actual teleport button. Just teleport when you choose the level.
You can double click on them btw.
Patreon
Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You can double click on them btw.
Yeah, I've noticed that but still to me that button seems unnecessary.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognoscente View Post
One thing I miss from Depths of Peril is the single-click attacking (i.e., click an enemy once and the avatar will continue attacking the enemy without extra clicks or the player having to hold down left-mouse the whole time). Can you add an option for that? I would much appreciate it.
I second this. I didn't notice that there was a difference until I began fighting critters that took more than one swing to kill. The 'single-click-until-it's-dead' method employed by Depths of Peril--an innovation that I've yet to see any other game implement--was far more intuitive and far less of a strain on my forefinger.

I'll have some more beta impressions soon, but this was the first thing that struck me as 'off.' Otherwise, I'm having a blast. This is a fine return to form, Steven. I realize that Kivi's Underworld was a popular game with admittedly higher production values than DoP and that many people enjoyed it, but it didn't manage to ensnare me like Soldak's initial offering did.

Din's Curse, on the other hand, appears to be right up my alley. Tell Delilah that she was right. (She responded to a PM from me last year predicting that a lot of your DoP fanbase would be returning for Din's Curse, and that we'd like what we saw. I am in awe of her prognosticative prowess!)

-Des