Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Amateur

Default Possible summons suggestions

I've been playing for a while now, and I see some things with the summoned creatures that almost feel like bugs, so I thought I would lista couple of them here.

1. Summons appear to attack whatever you click on, whether it's an object or an enemy. This often leads them to kill the health and manastones that you are actively using at the time. It can be frustrating to be healing and have your creature arbitrarily destroy the crystal.

2. In addition to the above, summoned creatures seem to prioritize breaking doors and treasure chests/secret stashes over monsters. Occasionally this means they completely ignore the enemies attempting to kill you or them while they stand around smacking a door. Perhaps they just really dislike doors.

3. Summons block hallways. Often even just a single summoned or raised creature will stand in your path in a narrow corridor and block you from progressing. Sometimes there's a way around them, via another path. Other times there's nothing for it but to quit the game. Perhaps collision can be turned off for summoned and raised creatures?

4. incognoscente points out "B. I would also like some way to dismiss/kill my pets. It's frustrating to kill a monster I want as a pet only to find that my crappy first pet isn't dead yet so I can't upgrade. Or I 'accidentally' get a Goblin Fire Thrower as a pet before finding that all he's going to do is set me on fire. (Well, I guess he might technically have hit some monsters, too.)" I agree completely. It would be very convenient to dismiss a raised creature so you can upgrade to a new one.

That's all I have off the top of my head at the moment. All in all they're minor complaints in the grand scheme of things, but they can combine to be a nuisance. Overall, the game is fantastic, and they've done little to negate my enjoyment.

Last edited by Flailsnail : 02-06-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Expert

2. Pets also love to kill obelisks and manastones when there's nothing to do. If your pets are attacking doors, at least they're aggressive! Half the time mine sit around doing nothing when confronted with a group of monsters.

3. I have been afraid this would happen to me, but it hasn't yet. Usually my pets run away from me as I approach them to prevent this from happening. Maybe yours got stuck on something like a wall or spider web and became confused?

My personal requests for pets (though maybe these would make the Necromancer too awesome) :
A. Add some way to teleport the monster to you. They do it automatically if you get too far away, but sometimes they are behind a wall and only technically (as the crow flies) close by. If they could be recalled by double-clicking their portrait or with a little button, that'd be awesome.

B. I would also like some way to dismiss/kill my pets. It's frustrating to kill a monster I want as a pet only to find that my crappy first pet isn't dead yet so I can't upgrade. Or I 'accidentally' get a Goblin Fire Thrower as a pet before finding that all he's going to do is set me on fire. (Well, I guess he might technically have hit some monsters, too.)