Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Champion

When you die in hardcore mode, it just kinda sits there without any clear indication of what to do. The "You are dead" button doesn't do anything, and you can still mess with all the sub screens (Quests, Inventory, Relations, etc).

There should be another button labeled something like "Return to main screen" that does just that, or perhaps make the "You are dead" button do that. Maybe even an intermediate win/loss type screen showing your accomplishments with that ship.

When sitting on that screen, if you pause then click anywhere onscreen, the "You are dead" button disappears until you unpause it, then it comes back.

I can click "Save and exit", but I can still click Resume (or Load and select the ship, which does note that it's dead) and successfully load and get back to the same "You are dead" message. I can even abandon the existing sector and start a new one, while still being dead.

(FWIW, this was a level 31 hardcore ship started in .911. I've upgraded at each patch and the last couple sectors had been played in .918.)

--

Also, there should be a more clear indication that completely broken components cannot be repaired in hardcore mode.

Last edited by ScrObot : 09-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
1) Race ships are going to the starlane gates and either glitching or purposefully popping in & out continually like they don't know what to do with themselves. It's pretty annoying…noisy...bright light! bright light! (only happens in combat -- whether monsters or I am chasing them & gunning them down....)
This is caused by a ship trying and failing to go through the wormhole. I sent Shadow a save game, so hopefully he can fix it.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
This is caused by a ship trying and failing to go through the wormhole. I sent Shadow a save game, so hopefully he can fix it.
God, I hope so. I reported this a while back as the most annoying bug in the game ...well, as far as I can tell.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
God, I hope so. I reported this a while back as the most annoying bug in the game ...well, as far as I can tell.
Yeah, this one drives me slightly insane.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Amateur

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I've noticed that my relationship with Talon doesn't go up when I kill monsters around them. Now, I could somewhat accept it if it was only in the case of Talon-type monsters (being their kin, after all - however, they also shoot at them, so they must be very distant relatives), but I didn't get any relationship improvement even when I was taking down Overlord monsters literally next to a Talon planet and ships.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I've noticed that my relationship with Talon doesn't go up when I kill monsters around them. Now, I could somewhat accept it if it was only in the case of Talon-type monsters (being their kin, after all - however, they also shoot at them, so they must be very distant relatives), but I didn't get any relationship improvement even when I was taking down Overlord monsters literally next to a Talon planet and ships.
I don't think that's a bug: As far as I can tell Monsters don't attack Talon. So the Talon don't care if you kill monsters around their planet...you're not saving them from anything.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, you will only get credit for destroying a monster near a race's planet if that monster would actually attack the planet. The monster subraces (overlord, talon, and legion) and some of the main races like the dryads are more liked by the monsters than other races.
Patreon
Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Amateur

Found a small bug with a quest announcement in the main UI (bottom left/messages). Instead of the quest announcement string, get what looks like the variable name instead:

QuestAnnouncedNeededItemUltimateWeapons