Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Legend

Default Idea: diverting gift quests

Gift quests (giving a gift to race X) could involve a physical object that you have in your inventory. You'd then be able to divert that gift to whoever you wanted. You wouldn't get the quest reward, and the sending race would give you a -relations (perhaps based on how much they hate the receiving race), but you'd be able to improve the attitude of any receiving race towards the sending race, so it would be a free, alternative way to get effective propaganda.

Of course, if the 'gift' was really a disguised bomb or something (which I believe can happen in the game), you'd be screwed, but you did try...

Another idea is to take the gift to one of the races who has the ability to convert the gift to a bomb, so you definitely know you're making the relations worse.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely some interesting ideas. I think the hard part would be the UI.
Patreon
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Legend

I'm thinking gifts would be objects, much like colony pods or gifts. Each gift would be from a specific race. A simple way to do this would be to have some kind of gift container overlaid with the symbol of the gift-giver. This gift object should have a level to prevent players stocking up on them, and could not be stored in the stash. You'd then trade with the receiving race (any receiving race) and get the consequences: if the quest is still active and you give it to the target race, it would be completed, and if you give the gift to a non-target race, the quest is failed (if active) and the relation of the giving race to you goes down, while the relation of the receiving race to the giving race goes up.

Turning a gift into a bomb would be a special race skill, where you'd click a button and then click on the gift to turn it into a bomb. A bomb icon would indicate the transformation on the gift.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Elite

If I am understanding you correctly, to turn a gift into a bomb, you would need the presence, in the sector, of a race that has that as its service. The Shadow are the obvious choice, as well as all of its sub-races.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
If I am understanding you correctly, to turn a gift into a bomb, you would need the presence, in the sector, of a race that has that as its service. The Shadow are the obvious choice, as well as all of its sub-races.
*Imagines getting a Gift to Deliver, taking it to a Zombie Planet, having them stick a Zombie Powder Bomb to the Gift, then taking it to a Race ya hate & want rid of & delivering the Gift to unleash Zombie Hell on that Planet...*
Old 08-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Elite

I think that race services are such a great idea, every race should have more than one. But for the sake of balance, some of the existing ones really need a do-over.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
I think that race services are such a great idea, every race should have more than one. But for the sake of balance, some of the existing ones really need a do-over.
Brunt & Drakk both having 'Component Ordering' is redundant, plus Component Ordering itself seems rather useless. Brunt like making 'Big Booms', maybe they could become the provider of turning things into Big Booms.