Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Expert

Default No option to ally?

Im at peace with a race, max relations 55/55, but im unable to go any higher as there is no option available under Treaties for non-aggression or alliance pacts. They were available at the start of the sector but no longer. Am I missing something?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Expert

Are you talking about one of the ancient races? Ancient races are not able to do much in diplomacy.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Elite

That particular race must be an Ancient one. Those think little of younger races, and less of the Drox. You will never be able to sign even a non-aggression pact with them, let alone ally.

They offer no services, they do not sell any special components... they have only one purpose - uniting standard races against themselves, and allowing you to gather fame killing them. So... most of your talking with them should be done with your lasers.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Elite

Yep. The only real reason to maintain relations with an Ancient Race is to buy time to prepare yourself before going to War with the Ancient Race(s) & setting them up with a Blind Date with Extinction.

The Ancient Races are kinda like a Drox Equivalent of a Bad Guy.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Expert

I maintain 55 relations with some Ancients as a personal challenge, but most of the time the Ancients should be destroyed ASAP. Be careful because their ships tend to be a lot stronger than other races. If you don't want to fight them directly, you could try using rumors to make them go to war against another troublesome race.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Expert

I cannot ally with anyone. I have Rizak and Drakk (whom I was allied at the start of the sector), but now neither give option to ally, just peace treaty and trade treaty. I dropped my alliance with Drakk as they were getting their ass kicked and I kinda like to win the sector so I switched sides...
Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Expert

Alright, so, Rizak apparently are an ancient race, though where it says that is beyond me. I managed to unlock the alliance option with Drakk again after declaring peace with them.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Elite

You can get a good idea whether a race is 'normal', monster, or ancient by reading their description on the race relation screen.

Another way is to check to save and quit, go to the main menu and try to start a new ship. If you can start a ship from a race, it's either a standard race, or a subrace. Those you can ally with. If the race appears on the 'New ship' screen, but you cannot choose it for your ship, it is a Monster race. If you have met the race in game, but it does not appear on that screen, it is an ancient race.

Or, you can check this list. If the race has an 'x', it is a monster race. If it is not on the list, it is an ancient one.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
You can get a good idea whether a race is 'normal', monster, or ancient by reading their description on the race relation screen.

Another way is to check to save and quit, go to the main menu and try to start a new ship. If you can start a ship from a race, it's either a standard race, or a subrace. Those you can ally with. If the race appears on the 'New ship' screen, but you cannot choose it for your ship, it is a Monster race. If you have met the race in game, but it does not appear on that screen, it is an ancient race.

Or, you can check this list. If the race has an 'x', it is a monster race. If it is not on the list, it is an ancient one.
Wouldnt it be easier if you hovered over them or when you spoke with them it said that clearly? "Ancient Evil Race, Kill Kill Kill!"
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annex View Post
Wouldnt it be easier if you hovered over them or when you spoke with them it said that clearly? "Ancient Evil Race, Kill Kill Kill!"
Kill them before someone pays me to do it? Now you're talking crazy, Operative.

(By the way, when you look at their warships, it does say 'Ancient', and they do tend to say things like 'This is our space, scum!' and 'You truly are vile!')

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.