Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Expert

Default "Need an enemy" text in center

I see a constant "need an enemy" text splattered across the center of the screen. Not sure why its there or whats making it appear but I havent found a way of getting rid of it and it kinda obscures a nice chunk of the action. Any way to disable it?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Elite

Move your cursor over an enemy planet (a planet, so that it stays under the cursor, and does not blow up too quickly)

If the message disappears, you probably have some trigger held down permanently. The message is there because an aimed weapon is triggered without an enemy under the cursor. See which of your weapons is firing at the planet, and look to see what triggers it.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Expert

Not shooting a planet, shooting ships. Im pressing buttons 1 2 and 3 which are two lasers and a virus, all auto aimed.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Elite

OK, I'm a bit lost. You are saying that you only see the message when you shoot your weapons? If one of them kills the enemy, the rest have no target, and you get the message, the way you should.

If you think you do not need the message, you can probably go into the localization text, and replace it with something short, or even a single space.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
If you think you do not need the message, you can probably go into the localization text, and replace it with something short, or even a single space.
Heh, I may do that myself. Be nice to have an option to turn it off on the options screen though. Firing too fast in the heat of battle displays it much too often for me.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
OK, I'm a bit lost. You are saying that you only see the message when you shoot your weapons? If one of them kills the enemy, the rest have no target, and you get the message, the way you should.

I see the message during combat when im surrounded by a dozen ships. My weapons have plenty of targets within range and do not cease firing because they have no target.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Elite

1. Using Notepad, open the global.trn file in the [Drox-directory]\Assets\Assets003.zip\Loc\English directory.
2. Search for NeedAnEnemy.
3. Change the "Need an enemy" text to whatever you find least intrusive. " " results in a tiny black rectangle.
4. Save the file in some place where you can find it.
5. Compress the resulting file back into the Assets003.zip archive, in its proper place. How you do this depends on your platform and operating system.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Expert

Thanks, that works! Ive still reported it as a bug though as im pretty sure I know whats causing it to begin with but this will do me over till it gets patched.