Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Amateur

Default Overpowered Staff ?

Well, currently level 73, was adventuring, and, when the best weapons i find so far have ~250 DPS, I find this :

5692 DPS.
And so expensive that I don't think anyone could buy it. Even the Heart of Gold clan at level 100.

So, maybe, this line, +98% Weapon Speed is a little bit too much ?
If this kind of enchant can proc on every type of weapon, i mean... it's basically "Go on, and overkill everything."
Old 06-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Elite

It's a weird item. It's overpowered in some niche cases, but in general it's not. It's too good for achievements. It's also too good if you transfer it to a lower leveled character, but that can be true for a lot of items. And, it would would hypothetically be too good if you are running a build that has no good spammable damage ability (but all the staff users do).

By level 73, a weapon's speed is almost entirely irrelevant. You're likely 1-shotting everything with every attack/ability (My archers generally hit 1/2-shot everything territory by level 20), and you want cast time to cast your AoE abilities more frequently. I'd almost certainly pick a weapon with minus cast time (and good base damage if applicable) over this staff 99% of the time (probably 100% of the time realistically, but I'm putting in a 1% margin of error).

Even the gold cost is a non-issue, since you will almost always have a huge surplus of gold in the endgame.

It looks insane, but I can't bring myself to think that it actually is.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Elite

It's a great weapon, but is it that different from a 1500 DPS sword, or a 2000 DPS crafted two handed hammer? I think it is fine as it is. It's something for people to be happy about, should they find it. I certainly have not done it yet... and frankly, none of my level 100 characters would trade their weapon for it.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:24 PM
Elite

I managed to get a version with a perfect bonus weapon speed roll (at least I hope!) to drop.

Here is the picture: http://i.imgur.com/vPHt7VF.jpg
Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3KT...ature=youtu.be

It's definitely broken, but I love fun broken stuff like this item. Really cool stuff.

Edit: Additional note: I'm really surprised that it doesn't crash the game or have infinity DPS + infinity gold value. I expected a crash when using it for sure. Good stuff.

Last edited by Destro* : 06-16-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:22 PM
Amateur

LOL speed 0.00
u can give an infinite amount oh hits in 1 milisecond