Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Expert

Also to answer your question, do you still have the email with the download link in it? I believe that link is valid for a while. Typically several days but in this case, due to beta, I think it says that it expires in august.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectf View Post
So, if I understand correctly, you can buy the game once and then use it on different PCs you own? Like my work PC and my home PC?

If this is true, how do I DL the game again without going through the preorder again? I DLd it at home last night, but now I NEED it at work
Technically that's against the letter of the EULA, but not the spirit (so it's fine with me). Unfortunately, if you try to download it from work also BMT's download system will probably lock you out. Personally I would just burn a CD or something. It's always nice to have a backup anyways.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, also from my experience Gamer's Gate is pretty friendly to us indie developers.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Technically that's against the letter of the EULA, but not the spirit (so it's fine with me). Unfortunately, if you try to download it from work also BMT's download system will probably lock you out. Personally I would just burn a CD or something. It's always nice to have a backup anyways.
hmm.... well thats good to know. I wonder if there is a lifespan to their keeping that information. Sometimes I use my laptop at work, sometimes at home. yesterday i was at work when you announced things so I downloaded it from work.

how do you make patches available to us?

*edit - I guess in my case it doesnt matter as much since I did back up the installers once I downloaded. It looks like patches come through you anyway so shouldn't matter where I originally downloaded from.

Last edited by DarkShrike : 02-04-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Champion

Quote:
How is this going to work once we all need a release version? Or a beta update for that matter?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

We typically post patches directly on our website. The patches are usually way smaller, so it is easier to grab that from us than to download everything again.

In general I wouldn't worry too much about BMTs download system cutting you off. I can turn it back on easy enough, you would just need to email me.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Ah ok, I misunderstood then (probably from the Qt3 post). Thanks for the tip though!
Old 02-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

The EULA basics says within the same location. I'm not trying to rule out your work computer and your home computer though. That's perfectly fine with me.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Oh, also from my experience Gamer's Gate is pretty friendly to us indie developers.
That's a good thing, then...