Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Amateur

"I hope your Next Game would be better"
"I am CEO on a German Gaming Site"
"i dont want play it anymore and my Editor dont like it, too."
"can we get Money back"

Not that Din is above criticism, but this is just a troll. This person would have linked to their site if they actually had one and had an interest in getting more traffic. And they can write English well enough that they could have articulated something substantial about their criticisms (particularly if they are actually a reviewer).

And no reviewer would have the dearth of class to go to a developer's forum to ask for his money back.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Amateur

Just a Troll! LOL! You can see my Thread about the Interview with Steven in normal Dins Curse Forum. So please dont call me Troll. I am / do what i tell and i only want tell my Critic.

But its a good example that Fanboys dont want hear opinions and critics like that. When EA make shit, we tell them too. We are very honestly to our Readers. And when Fanboys or Publishers has a problem with that its not our Problem. Most Sites a re bought by Commercial Deals from Publishers. We dont. So we tell what we think.

Quote:
Hm, to make things clear: You joined this forum yesterday, bought the key for beta entrance, played for some hours, are disapointed and ask for a money back?
You are right. Yes. Because the Game is only grinding and boring. I like Kivis Underworld but this Game is not so good as i thought.

Quote:
In adition you call yourself "CEO" of a gaming site (obviously without knowing, what the term CEO means), but donīt tell us the name of this site. Also your profile donīt mention any commercial or non-commercial gaming-site in Germany or elsewhere. In the few posts in the last 24 hours you mentioned no commercial background and talked about yourself and your friend as players - now you are a CEO and he ist your editor. And to "threaten" a developer with a more or less important preview on a mysterious German gamesite is also not the fine art.
Why mystery German Website? When you look in my Profile you see that i open the Thread with the Interview. There is a link to the Site of me and the Interview with Steven. So before you talk you should look all Details.

Quote:
And yes - i get many press versions from publishers too,
Me too but this is a completely different story.

Itīs fine, that you run a gamesite, i wish you all the best for the future. But please donīt "use" your fansite to make pressure on a developer or anyone else to get a personal advantage.

I dont ake pressure but i bought this Game in privat. And when i not like i can ask for refund. So its my private Money. The Game is not lovely making. Its like EA that make a bad game to make more Money. And i dont pay for Game like this. Its my Opinion.

Last edited by hornedry2k : 02-05-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Elite

First I would like to say that Soldak will NEVER make a game just to "make more money." We make games we love. If we were after cash, Steven made 2-3 times as much money working for Ritual Ent. and if he went corporate (outside of the games industry), he could make twice as much as that. He works more than he ever did at another company, with 12+ hour days being common, and don't ask about weekends. I promise you, we have no intention of scamming people for "the easy life." Our blood, sweat and tears are poured into every product we produce.

Soldak is our passion, and that's why we do it. We really do love all of the games we have made. Sometimes we think of them like our children!

Second is that it's okay for someone to not like our games. We don't expect to conquer the world borg style. Also, anyone who pays for one of our games and really doesn't like it is free to request a refund within 30 days of purchase, and we are happy to give it to them. Just PM or email Shadow.

Last edited by Delilah Rehm : 02-05-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Expert

<rant>
I absolutely have to take offense on that comment on gouging people from their money even though that really has nothing to do with me. As a fellow programmer I do understand the level of commitment to take such undertaking and I do have a rough idea of the lines of code a game like Din's Curse requires. To say that Din's Curse is done with falsehood in mind is not only laughable but extremely offensive. These sort of opinions do not represent the majority of people here and that sort of behaviour, coming to question peoples motives for what is basically their livelyhood, is distasteful in extreme. If this person really runs a gaming site, I sincerely hope that I do not ever go there.

Why not just ask for a refund in private is beyond me. Why make a public scene out of it. Yes, people like different things and I understand when someone says that game like Din's Curse is not for them but why make a scene about it. It seems such pettiness.
</rant>
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Elite

Relax, everyone. He's allowed to not like the game. He's allowed to say why he doesn't like the game, and that includes general feelings. He's said his piece, what else is there to argue about?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedry2k View Post
Its only my Opinion. I like the Genre, i like Games like this but here i dont can see a good Story. I dont can see that the Maker has make it with same Love to Games like in Kivi. I am CEO on a German Gaming Site and i will write this in my Review / Preview.

On Kivis UNderworld you know - there is a Start , there is a End. Here - nothing! Only Grinding, Grinding, Grinding. And for Grinding i dont need to pay 20-30 USD. I can download a Free MMORPG and grinding until i die. For that i dont need a Game that cost 30 USD.

Btw: Is it allowed to give the Key away as Gift? I deinstalled the Game and i dont want play it anymore and my Editor dont like it, too. So we not want play it in Coop again. Or can we get Money back
Its a mater of taste. Dins curse is not traditional RPG with set story. Its (at least i see it like that) game in vein of roguelike rpg's. Whole point of the game is dynamic randomly generated world. Not a story.

If you purchased a game expecting preset storyline, i can see you are disappointed. But its a different game
________
new developments in Pattaya

Last edited by Twotricks : 09-02-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadfan View Post
Relax, everyone. He's allowed to not like the game. He's allowed to say why he doesn't like the game, and that includes general feelings. He's said his piece, what else is there to argue about?
A voice of sanity ! Went a little overboard there myself so thank you.