Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Kivi's Underworld > Kivi's Underworld game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Elite

hm, sounds interesting. i don't really like the idea of no other covenents, though. i hope there are at least town attack analogs.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Champion

Wink

Is the environment destructable? I like to kill monsters with falling walls, avalanches and to destroy anything i don't like and the monsters could use.

Detlev
Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (name here) View Post
hm, sounds interesting. i don't really like the idea of no other covenents, though. i hope there are at least town attack analogs.
Just remember Kivi's Underworld isn't a Depths of Peril game. It's quite a bit different. As an aside any future Depths of Peril games/expansions we make will always have the covenant and dynamic world stuff since they are two of the key things for Depths of Peril.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetlevH View Post
Is the environment destructable? I like to kill monsters with falling walls, avalanches and to destroy anything i don't like and the monsters could use.
There are a lot of things that are destructible in Kivi. Currently none of them will hurt the monsters. It would be interesting though. Purposely setting off traps and killing the monsters is quite fun at times though.
Patreon
Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Champion

That's true, i want to set off my own traps and not only disarm the traps set off by others.

Detlev
Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Purposely setting off traps and killing the monsters is quite fun at times though.
There's a thought. Instead of (or in addition to) a disarm skill create a 'trigger' skill. Deliberately set off traps at a (hopefully) safe distance. Another skill to flesh out one of what appears to be many skill sets in Kivi, and possibly something for a future DoP expansion.

You'd have to make traps targetable of course. And you'd need some way to spot trapped chests in advance unless it's limited to ground traps, which is reasonable.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Champion

A Diablo II-like game that is FAR more moddable like DoP? Sign me up!

GB
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Elite

Hmm... I'm not sold.

I guess it sounds OK though, and I'll definately give the demo a go.

The dynamic nature of the game world, quests and covenants along with the random level layouts are what really drew me (and still draw me back regularly) to DoP. It will be a hard game to top.

Last edited by Kruztee : 09-08-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
A Diablo II-like game that is FAR more moddable like DoP? Sign me up!

GB
That's what got me excited too, GeorgiaBoy. The way Steve's describing how we will be able to create new modules etc seems to this old gamer like a dream come true. In an email conversation I had with him a while back compared DoP to Kivi's, and my expectations of editors from the past almost 30 years of gaming, he said ...

"In Kivi's Underworld .... you build full levels so it is a bit more like what people are used to. The editor is pretty easy to use. You mostly just lay down tiles and objects. The interesting part is how you layout all of the objects. There are a ton of different type of objects to lay down like monsters, traps, keys, doors, secrets, items, chests, triggers, walls, other environmental objects, and probably more things that I have forgotten about. I think with Kivi, we will get a lot of gamers making some cool levels/adventures."

I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting this here (it's over on insidemacgames.com forums) but I'm very excited about the title and can't wait to start creating.

Cocoa Touch Games <- Fun, simple, joyful games for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Widget Monkeys <- Seriously simple fun

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
"I tried to get a tattoo once but passed out. It wasn't wetting my arm that bothered me, I just couldn't press firmly for 30 seconds."
Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Amateur

Default Reflexive?

Not that I don't want to purchase this game from you, but is this going to be offered through reflexive? I ask because I still have a game credit that I can get one more game on. I guess I have just been waiting patiently for another decent game to come out, and this one seems like it may be the one that I have been waiting for! Please tell me that it's coming out! Thanks!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Amateur

All I can say is I'm was hoping for a new game created by Soldak. I like Depths of Peril alot. The only thing I hope for, is a retail version. I ended up with some trouble with the copy I saved when I bought the download of DoP, but it ended up okay, I just went to the store and got a retail version. I don't mind buying the game twice, there's few companies I would consider doing that for, but I really like the game and the work put into it by Soldak.