Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Fantastical Creature Reality Show
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Elite

Default Episode 4: Live Ocean Discus

Before sunrise, Tribe Depths and Tribe Kivi met at the communal beach waiting for the Luxury Event to Begin, followed by the Sacrifice of either Paige (zombie) or William (werewolf).

"Eye we sart so earry?" Paige asked.

Lina (rogue) yawned. "Whatíd she say?"

"íWhyíd we start so early,í" Nessa (elf) filled in.

"Ooh undersand me?" Paige asked.

"Itís getting easier," Nessa said.

"Not for me," Lina replied.

DIARY CONFESSIONS Ė PAIGE THE ZOMBIE

"I was so happy when my team started understanding what I was saying. Itís not my fault Iím missing a lip. Or that Iím dead for that matter. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself. No one wants to be close to someone like me, and it isnít just because Iím infectious. I canít help the way I look and smell. But it still hurts when people reject me.

"Christina is the only one not trying to avoid me. I wonder if thereís some camaraderie there because weíre both of the living dead variety. Maybe.

"I donít blame the others for voting me onto the altar. They canít help it I guess. I expect to be nominated a lot. If I win this game, itíll be because of the awesome viewers who choose to keep me on the show."

BACK TO THE SHOW

Nessa limped over to a brooding William and sat near him. "Youíve got to put it out of your mind or youíll be distracted in the competition."

"Easy for you to say," William said.

Nessa turned away.

"Wait." William reached out but withdrew his hand before touching her. "Iím sorry." They sat in silence a moment. "You shouldnít sit with the condemned. Itís dangerous for you when you should be making new friends, especially with your sprained ankle."

"Donít talk that way. You arenít leaving."

William stared at Paige as she paced to the water and back. "Maybe."

"We need you," Nessa said. "Iíll be useless today. Iím even slower than Paige!"

"Will you look at that!" Kailen (fairy) faced the ocean rapidly filling with small motorboats. "What in the world could the competition be?"

Jewel (cyclops) frowned. "I hope it isnít swimming."

"Me too," Amber (unicorn) said. "What are the chances that the first two challenges include swimming?"

"Our challenge on Wednesday didnít," Ranzkin (gnome) said. "It was underground."

"I might have liked that challenge," Haimes (scree) said.

"I hope it is water based." Gorm (mage) smiled. "Why else would there be boats?"

"Maybe weíll ride in them," Eadric (warrior) said.

Paige stood still ankle deep in the surf with her back to the others when a giant eagle circled overhead and dropped a rock.

Christina (vampire) pushed passed Eadric to pick up the rock. "You read it last time. Itís my turn." She untied the message. "Todayís Luxury Challenge is called Live Ocean Discus. The winning tribe will receive the survival gear chosen by the viewers.

"Pick your strongest team member to be the Thrower. Next, pick your lightest team member to be the Throwee. Each tribe may have only one Thrower and one Throwee. The Throwers will toss the Thowees as far as they can into the ocean. The tribe whose Throwee goes the farthest before falling into the ocean will be the winner."

"Yes!" shouted Kailen as he danced on the sand. "I can fly," he sang.

"Not scared of being fish bait this time?" Gorm asked. Kailen shrugged.

"Oh yeah," Lina said grinning. "And I think Eadric should throw you."

Gorm and Lorimer (sorcerer) nodded.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

A group of fighters playing cards lean over a coin laden table. The hand unfolds and a large warrior pulls the middle pile of copper and silver toward him. Grinning he looks up at the camera.

"Hi. Lucky doesnít just come from seers or skill. It comes from knowing trade secrets. When you join the Treasure Community, youíll get an inside look into strategies designed to heave in the loot.

"How much would you pay for that? Wait! Thereís more! Iím not talking about just any loot. Iím talking about gleaming rare items, expensive unique pieces and incredible artifacts.

"I know what youíre thinking. ĎIs this too good to be true?í We in the Treasure Community know that it all is very good and very true. These days, with so many people refusing to buy games without demos, weíve decided to offer one tiny fraction of our enormous knowledge to you right now.

"Underground is where itís at. Treasure that is! Amazing silver and gold chests litter the dark depths. Sure, thereís a ton of nefarious monsters lurking in the dark, but theyíre worth slaying for the chests alone. So next time youíre adventuring in the wilds, donít pass by the crypts and caves without giving them a little peek. The deeper you go, the better chests youíll find."

BACK TO THE SHOW

"So, I donít have to get wet?" Amber (unicorn) asked looking less glum.

"Nope," Dedrick (centaur) said smiling at the unicorn-girl. "Though if you ever do again, try changing into your unicorn form. It might be easier that way."

Eadric (warrior) picked up Kailen (fairy), spun in a circle and tossed him far above the ocean. Kailen flipped in uncontrolled tumbles before straitening and flying far over the ocean."

"Yes!" Gorm (mage) cried while Team Kivi cheered.

Christina (vampire) shook her head.

"Youíve got something to say?" Lina (rogue) asked.

"Youíre cheating wonít compare next to Jewelís strength. When she throws Ranzkin-"

"Whoa, slow down there would ya?" Ranzkin (gnome) interrupted. "No oneís throwing me into the ocean."

"But Ranzkin," Dedrick pleaded, "youíre the smallest."

Ranzkin shook her head, backing away. "Donít care. Iím notÖ" Her brow creased as she looked behind them at a moaning Paige (zombie). The cries turned to growls and Paige lunged forward hissing.

"Oh hell," Gorm said, "sheís gone mad." He fell back and Paigeís clawed hands missed him, instead ripping into Dedrickís flank. Before her teeth sank into her prey, Jewel (cyclops) grabbed Paige by the leg and toss her far out into the sea.

"And there goes our turn," Christina muttered, her face freckled red as the sun rose higher over the trees.

"Damn," William (werewolf) said.

"No, wait." Nessa (elf) stood for a better look. "Sheís still going."

"What?" Lina asked. Jewel nodded, smiling.

"Howís Dedrick?" Haimes (scree) asked Ranzkin.

"Iím fine," Dedrick said.

"Itís bad," Ranzkin said, pouring a tiny handful of salt water over the wound. Dedrick gasped.

A boat beached its self and someone lowered an exhausted looking Kailen (fairy) to the sand. He fell to his knees and slumped over. "I flew as far as I could." He looked up. "Whatís going on?"

"Paige hurt Dedrick and now heís infected," Ranzkin said.

"Iíll try to heal him," Kailen said, slowly standing up and dragging his feet as he approached.

"Wait!" Haimes rushed forward but didnít touch Kailen. "Heís on the other team. It will benefit us if heís too sick to compete."

"For once Iím in complete agreement," Lorimer (sorcerer) said. Gorm and Lina nodded.

"You should help him, Amber said. "It isnít right to leave a creature injured."

"Paige has been a zombie a long time and mostly can control her urges." Kailen frowned at his teammates. "If Dedrick turns, thereíll be no controlling him. How long until weíre all infected?"

"Since you put it that wayÖ" Lina shrugged.

Kailen looked from one to the next making eye contact. He nodded once and turned back to Dedrick. "This will hurt."

"No it wonít," Ranzkin said as she fed a red herb to the centaur.

Kailen placed his hands into the wound and closed his eyes. After a few silent minutes, he pulled his hands away, shaking.

"Did it work?" Gorm asked.

"Donít know." Kailen dropped prone, sighed and curled up into a ball. "I have to sleep now."

DIARY CONFESSION Ė KAILEN THE FAIRY

"Yeah, so Iím not really worried about being fish bait when I can turn into one. Being the first to get something on a reality show is always bad luck, but when you say that out loud then no one will volunteer to be first. Iím glad it was Lina who retrieved the bottle and not me. AnywayÖ

"Did I call Jewel a cheater when she ripped trees out of the ground to build their bonfire? No. And I donít appreciate being called a cheater for flying as far as I could. It was the only way to win. Even though heís pretty powerful, not even Eadric could throw as far as Jewel.

"When I dropped into the sea I was exhausted. I didnít even have enough energy left to change into a fish. Paige picked a bad time to go savage. Since Dedrick has a hefty weight, I guess I should be glad he was the one infected, but seriously! Is he going to get hurt at every event?

"Iím pretty sure I didnít cure him, just slowed down the spreading disease. I didnít save him. Thereís no cure for it either, so heís pretty screwed no matter what. Unless Amber wishes him well or one of the mages can do something. I feel bad for the lad."

BACK TO THE SHOW

"How does it look, Ranzkin?" William asked.

The gnome touched the swollen red gash. "Better, but not completely."

"Iíll be okay," Dedrick said, his eyes closed and voice fading. "Iím probably immune. Centaurs are a hardy race. We never fall ill." He began to snore.

"Is he turning?" Haimes asked, stepping back several paces.

"No," Ranzkin said. "He sleeps from the medicine I gave him."

Something rose on a large wave and crashed onto the beach. It was Misty the Mermaid, another applicant who didnít make the show. She towed something behind her on a string of duct tape. "Help me," she said panting as she struggled to pull herself farther onto the beach. A sea-green satchel decorated with tiny shells dangled from a strap over her shoulder. Jewel and Eadric each took an arm and pulled her away from the water.

"What are you towing," Eadric asked. Jewel took the duct tape and gave it a quick yank. Paige flew out of the water, bound in the sticky tape with a small shark still clinging to her torso."

"The abominable thing is like a magnet to those underwater predators."

"The shark belongs to Depths," Christina called prying the fish off of Paige by breaking its jaw. "Paige brought it in so itís ours." She sank two long, narrow teeth into the thick skin and drank.

"Anyway," Misty said, "The winner of Live Ocean Discus is Tribe Depths. Paige actually went even farther than the boats!"

"Yes!" William exclaimed, high-fiving Nessa.

"Youíve won the survival gear chosen by the viewers, which is," she pulled a roll of gray duct tape out of the satchel. "This tape!" She frowned, looking at the roll. "Or whatís left of it anyway."

"Tape?" Nessa asked. Lina laughed as Paige squirmed in the sand.

"Now it is time for the Sacrificial Altar," Misty announced. "Paige, well um, continue lying there and William step forward." The werewolf emerged from the crowed, fists balled and face serious. "By a vote of five to four, Paige," she waited through the dramatic pause, "you are safe. William, youíve been sacrificed to the gods and must now leave the island."

A second boat rode close to shore, one man holding it waist deep in the ocean. "Your water-carriage awaits, William," Misty said before she turned to the boatmen. "Can I catch a ride back too? Iím not sure the sharks are gone yet. One I can handle, but not a dozen."

Nessa stepped close to William but he pushed her back and stomped into the surf.

Misty pulled herself back into the water. When she was deep enough to use her tail, she grabbed William by the collar and drug him under. They rose near the boat and Misty tossed him on board. She waved goodbye to the contestants, but they only gawked in return, probably because of her bloody nose.

Nessa sat next to Dedrick and Ranzkin, arms resting on her knees. She lay her head over her arms hiding her face.

Viewers Choice Ė What will next weekís Luxury Challenge be named?

Last edited by Delilah Rehm : 01-23-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: color coding, link