Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rubin View Post
I dunno if this is new with this patch or not, but one thing that concerned me was space junk. There seems to be a LOT more of it than last time I played (0.913), but nearly all of it was empty.
I don't think I've changed that. You might have a sector or system mod though.
Patreon
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Champion

1. On the new Bonuses screen, in both Tactical bonuses, CrushingBlow needs a space. (Actually, wasn't that renamed to Direct Hit? Probably a translation issue then.)

2. On the new Bonuses screen, the help overlay is incorrectly the normal character screen help overlay.

3. The help overlay for the main character screen could have arrows to the Other Stats and Bonuses buttons with brief descriptions of what they are, AND/OR hover popups like other buttons.

4. On the Other Stats screen, a description of what Critical Hit and Direct hit actually do would be nice (in the hover popup).

5. In the main UI help overlay, maybe "Win screen" and "Lose screen" should be changed to something like "Win conditions and progress" and "Lose conditions and progress" (or just Win/Lose Conditions).

6. Only some of the titles in the vendor screen have informational popups; adding them to Essential Components and Components would be good (e.g. "Essential Components are always these four consumable items and do not run out of stock." and "Components are the vendor's stock which gets refreshed periodically. You may place items in Held Components so they don't potentially disappear when the vendor stock refreshes.") You could also have slightly different text for regular planet vendors and wandering vendors for the Essential Components (since planet vendors always scale to your current level, where wandering vendors can be different).

7. Resurrecting an old request, could the current regen rates for shield, armor, structure and energy be added to the hover popups on both the main character screen and also the main UI display in the upper left? The current display in Other Stats is good, particularly because it describes what contributes to the regen, but having that info more easily accessible seems like a good idea. (=

Last edited by ScrObot : 10-12-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Amateur

Pulsar generator - when used, it creates big animation (yellow star or something ) and edges of this animation are not transparent, so there appears square around this animation, it dont look nice

Edit -

searching object, researching anomalies and whatover tooks quite a lot of time, is there possibility to reduce this time? When I find 5 derelics, its pain to wait for each one...

Last edited by Draciel : 10-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draciel View Post
Pulsar generator - when used, it creates big animation (yellow star or something ) and edges of this animation are not transparent, so there appears square around this animation, it dont look nice
Shadow and I both just checked it out, and neither of us can see the problem. The effect looks fine. If anyone else sees this occurring, please let us know. Maybe it's related to a type of video card or something like that.

It seems it might be that some video cards (or the code) thinks a color value greater than 0 (255 is white and 0 is black) is white. The color value around one of the textures in that effect was found to be 2 out of 256. A value of 2 in the alpha channel should be transparent, but I guess that's not always the case. I changed it to 0, please let me know if it's fixed in the next build. Thanks.

Turns out it was my problem (missing entry in an effect file), and it should be fixed next patch.

Last edited by PixelLord : 10-13-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draciel View Post
searching object, researching anomalies and whatover tooks quite a lot of time, is there possibility to reduce this time? When I find 5 derelics, its pain to wait for each one...
This is something easy to mod for your game. If you know how to make Din's Curse game mods (look for the SDK for info), it's the same thing:
You want to alter these 3 stats:

MinIdentifyTime
BaseIdentifyTime
IdentifyTimeIncreasePerLevel

If you're playing over your character's level it's that last one that's causing you all the pain. For me, I figure I have a real life, and I value my time. So I halved the times for opening chests, etc. in Din's Curse -- Haven't done this mod for DO yet....

If you want a more in-depth answer, should probably go to the basic Drox Operative forum and start a thread on modding the game....

Here: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44761

Last edited by Crisses : 10-12-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Added link to a new mod thread in other forum...
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Amateur

No-one at least acknowledge that the mission trigger bug this patch was supposed to fix remains a bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm going to need to do another patch tomorrow that fixes this and a few other problems.

Even if I have to restart the game, it'd be nice if it wasn't ignored by all. A simple: "Yes, still happening" would suffice.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin View Post
No-one at least acknowledge that the mission trigger bug this patch was supposed to fix remains a bug?
I haven't had a chance to look at the kill faction X quest issue that you brought up yet, I will soon though. If it's just that one type of quest it shouldn't get in the way too much.
Patreon
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, Katrin I looked at your save game. I'm not having any problems solving any of the quests. Which specific one are you having issues with?
Patreon
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
It still happens.
After starting a new ship && playing through 2 sectors, corruption never happened again.
Either a leftofer or the sector was indeed created with 0.923

apologies
Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Elite

Bug:

There are times that you've won and continue the game where the countdown timer will come up in spite of already having won. Example:

Get a fear win, then go on for a bit -- if a race dies, and you aren't allied with the last race standing, countdown timer.