Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Fantastical Creature Reality Show
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Elite

Default I Have Questions

I'm working on the next episode, and I'm wondering if the show has fallen into a stale pattern. How are you guys liking it? And is there anything different you'd like to see?

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Expert

I liked Burn and the Gauntlet.

I like action and character development. There are so many characters thats its hard to remember whats going on between them. It might be more interesting if they get closer to each other. Having challenges that have a lot of teamwork might work.

Its your story. You might want to find another place to post it so more people would read it. There are websites where you'll get more feedback.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Champion

Well, It's not stale if you ask me. I think there are about 5-10 readers per story for the reason that there are only 5-10 active members per day in this forum. Yeah, why don't you post your stories too on some writers site or readers site.. You can expect audience there.

I also heard that you are working on a Vampire book? Well, this time of the year vampire books are so popular and selling pretty good because of that Twilight film. Are you publishing it soon?
Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Elite

Thanks guys.

When I did NaNo (write 50k words in November) a bit more than a year ago, I received a motivational email from Neil Gaiman. about a conversation he had with his agent. He wasn't happy with the novel he was working on and the agent said, good, we're right on schedule. Because he always was like that in the middle of a project. I guess that's where I am, second guessing myself.

But, back to the schedule. I apologize for only one episode last week. I'm in the middle of the next episode currently, but with the kids being home for Presidents' Day, dentist appointments and other random craziness, I won't get it posted until tomorrow.

Although my original intention for the show isn't panning out very well (marketing for soldak, instant feedback), I'm still learning a lot from the experience (day-to-day writing, battling the mind-games). I am going to see the show to the end.

Besides, I have to know who wins!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Expert

The marketing idea is a good one. Bioware put out novels based on Mass Effect and they have one for Dragon Age. The problem is the people on the soldak website probably already bought your games. You'd need to post stories somewhere else for advertising.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Elite

I always thought of it as pulling traffic here, but actually what you said makes a lot of sense!