Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Amateur

Default Some thoughts

Feedback: When the town is under attack, a global sound file is played that sounds like a brief town invasion, people screaming and stuff like that. It then repeats itself. Over and over. It is so loud, in fact, that when I run around in town trying to find the intruder via noise and the minimap, I can't hear anything except that noise. Maybe add a toggle for this?

I've started in towns where the first quest I can do ends up being on floor four or five, which takes some time getting to as I like to explore every level fully- Which is really, really bad if it is one of those 'ignore it and face the consequences' quests. I'm not too good at this game, so it is too hectic and the only thing that happens is I get exhausted from the constant do this, no wait, do that.

Too dark! I like the fact you have an area around you that is easier to see than everything else, but in some levels it is pitch black around you and you can only see a couple of feet away from your character, which doesn't help exploration, trap avoiding and planning ahead at all.

General comments: This game gets really hard really fast. I've tried three characters now, all stuck on level 6-8 because when I begin a game with the closest level monsters, level 3-5 in the dungeons are too hard. Depths of Peril, if I remember correct, played out similarily, where everyone in my covenant had over 50 DPS while I ran around with better gear, higher level but only 15-ish DPS. I probably just suck at these kinds games tho.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Champion

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaguda View Post
Feedback: When the town is under attack, a global sound file is played that sounds like a brief town invasion, people screaming and stuff like that. It then repeats itself. Over and over. It is so loud, in fact, that when I run around in town trying to find the intruder via noise and the minimap, I can't hear anything except that noise. Maybe add a toggle for this?
That sound is fine the first time it plays, but annoying afterward. If there were a less intrusive *ding-dong* type of reminder after the initial sound, it would be a bit less grating.

Quote:
Too dark! I like the fact you have an area around you that is easier to see than everything else, but in some levels it is pitch black around you and you can only see a couple of feet away from your character, which doesn't help exploration, trap avoiding and planning ahead at all.
I'm hoping that as you progress that you get a bigger light radius from your equipment. I could see this being an issue as a newbie, but not so much later on. A torch, light spell, or some way to overcome the darkness would be great.

Quote:
General comments: This game gets really hard really fast. I've tried three characters now, all stuck on level 6-8 because when I begin a game with the closest level monsters, level 3-5 in the dungeons are too hard. Depths of Peril, if I remember correct, played out similarily, where everyone in my covenant had over 50 DPS while I ran around with better gear, higher level but only 15-ish DPS. I probably just suck at these kinds games tho.
It happened to me too. My first character started having problems at around level 7. He was still able to get by, just with more consumables. I'm not sure if its an issue yet as I haven't played past level 7. The last thing I did at level 7 was to kill a boss, so it wasn't unplayable or anything. Mostly it felt like the MOB difficulty increased, but the drops didn't improve to compensate.

Also, as we play longer and with more characters, the shared stash will make the game easier for all the characters. I can see the difficulty level being intended. I'd much rather the game be too hard rather than too easy as long as we can eventually overcome the challenges.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganazer View Post
Also, as we play longer and with more characters, the shared stash will make the game easier for all the characters. I can see the difficulty level being intended. I'd much rather the game be too hard rather than too easy as long as we can eventually overcome the challenges.

True. In that case, I'll go play some more, try out some more class combinations. Maybe I can find an overpowered build. X3
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Expert

Also you can choose the monster level in the beginning of each world. It can me made easier after the first world...and much much harder it seems . Starting with 24 level monsters at level 1? Insanity.