Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Legend

Talking Din's Curse-Review

Hello, I've been playing the game for about 3 hours and I can definitely say that i really like this game. I won't shower anybody with too much info, instead i'll give 3 basic reasons.

1) Realistics. When i started the game I could see monsters fighting their own little wars in the middle of the dungeon. This gave a very realistic and powerful feel to the rpg sense. Do i step in and join the fun, or do i let them duke it out, after which i come back to collect the loot!

2) Lethality. The lethality of the dungeons in this game is incredible. I can be just minding my own business when all of a sudden, some rocks fall from above and nearly kill my character. Another instance is when i kill a bunch of regular monsters, after which some are beaten by undead. I return later to find an undead army of orcs and such racing towards me.

3) Unique Character Creation System. This is the best part about the game. You can come up with so many different classes that you might wanna try; it isn't even funny. I just finally came up with my own class: Thief/Magician.
The character creation system is my favorite part of this game. It makes the game feel unique with each character you create.

Besides all that: a dynamic world, brutal enemies, lots of strategy involved to win. Definitely a top choice from me!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Amateur

I agree with what you said.

Also, I just spent about an hour playing multiplayer with my son and I think the game shines a bit more when support class come in to play. Healers and buffer classes work well with the mele classes as expected. I haven't really played a debuff class yet

You get to trade items and tackle harder groups together.
I must have my ports wrong or something because I never see anyone playing online-I did read a few of you are playing on Lan

Only had one problem, my son's xp computer froze after our town was deafeated and we had to start him over
Old 02-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Legend

I'm sure that is just an early bug. It will all be fixed when the game is completely polished.

On the other hand, One thing i noted from playing these games is that when you make a class or hybrid or whatever. You have to make sure that you have a defensive setup for at least 1 of ur skills; because if you dont you won't make it very far in this game. I don't mean a defensive skill like evade; i mean something that will allow you to backtrack to another part of the dungeon and retrace your steps; so to say.

Another thing is that games like this must be impossible to tackle with just brute force. It just doesn't seem possible, at least not to me. At least not yet..